Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New site keeps signing me out

We are working on this issue. Be sure you are selecting "Stay logged in".

When we perform site upgrades, it signs out all users so you can use the update.

Jacob

The old (and new) PhantomPilots sites do it, too - are you sure session data isn't getting removed somewhere?

Not sure how you have xenForo set up (or if you're the one setting it up), but it should be using something like Memcache to store sessions vs the filesystem... but that Memcache instance should be configured with enough memory to handle the session data for all visitors.

Thanks guys. We are having our dev look into the issue. It is odd as that functionality didn't really change between the old and new theme. We are looking to see if there are any reports of this from the latest version of xenforo.

Hopefully you guys can sort out the issue as I don't always get notifications and the auto logout is getting really annoying. I don't mind it so much on my desktop, but on the iPhone its a pain.

Hey all. Sorry for the inconvenience on this. We are still working through this but could use your help. Are you saying that you'll get logged out in the middle of a session, say clicking around the site then suddenly you aren't logged in? Or, just when you come back from being away, you aren't logged in but expect to be?

For those interested, we are running multiple instances of xenforo on a single server. We are caching but do not to store session information since that was causing issues.

C.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
For me it signs me out even when I have it open in my browser and moving around the various threads. Doesn't seem to be any sense to the timing. As in its not every 2-4-6 hours, could be 1 hour, 10, whatever.

For me it signs me out even when I have it open in my browser and moving around the various threads. Doesn't seem to be any sense to the timing. As in its not every 2-4-6 hours, could be 1 hour, 10, whatever.
Strange. There is some cleanup that xenforo does every hour or so and I was hoping that might be the cause but maybe not if it is random as you saw. We are also looking into our use of cloudflare that might be changing the IP and causing issues.

Your xfuser and xfsession should be stored in your inpsirepilots.com cookie if any of you wanted to help track that and see if the data is getting hosed somewhere and logging you out. Otherwise, I'll keep looking on this end.

Strange. There is some cleanup that xenforo does every hour or so and I was hoping that might be the cause but maybe not if it is random as you saw. We are also looking into our use of cloudflare that might be changing the IP and causing issues.

Your xfuser and xfsession should be stored in your inpsirepilots.com cookie if any of you wanted to help track that and see if the data is getting hosed somewhere and logging you out. Otherwise, I'll keep looking on this end.
Just happen now while browsing.

As you can see in the upper corner, I'm logged in, then after a few seconds (5 or so), while reading the thread, the login window popped up. I closed it down with out pressing "Log in", and refreshed the page, and I was logged out.

(Large screenshot because of my 4K display, sorry)

YTnqzsK.png

Ok thanks, Merko. The screenshot helps. Let me keep digging...

Any success with the phone side of things?
What issues are we seeing with the phone? Entire site or a specific section? Tapatalk or mobile version? I'm using an iphone 4s on sprint (no wifi) and don't see any slowness on the mobile version of the site.

Guys - any of you with the signing out issue using chrome with extensions, such as the "Forum Alerts" extension? I do see some reports of this in the xenforo forums so just trying to narrow things down a bit.

What issues are we seeing with the phone? Entire site or a specific section? Tapatalk or mobile version? I'm using an iphone 4s on sprint (no wifi) and don't see any slowness on the mobile version of the site.
Seems to load in 2 to 3 stages which makes the page jumpy which gives me the irotts as I keep pressing the wrong links as it's doing it's little dance o_O
From what I can see, this issue is caused by the adverts which load after the site has loaded which therefore, makes for the site to be jumpy in the initial load up.

Last edited:
Seems to load in 2 to 3 stages which makes the the page jumpy which gives me the irotts as I keep pressing the wrong links as it's doing it's little dance o_O
From what I can see, this issue is caused by the adverts which load after the site has loaded which therefore, makes for the site to be jumpy in the initial load up.
Ah ok. Might be related to the welcome block popover or something. I'll look into that. Which phone are you using? Might be worse on some vs others depending so I'll try a few devices.

Guys - any of you with the signing out issue using chrome with extensions, such as the "Forum Alerts" extension? I do see some reports of this in the xenforo forums so just trying to narrow things down a bit.
I have the issue both with Waterfox on Win and Safari on OSX. Have to log in at least once every 1-2 days, sometimes more often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop