Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

'New' TB4x Batteries Date Code And Recharge Counter

Reaction score
For those who have purchased 'New' batteries.

On eBay and elsewhere there are 'New' TB47-48 batteries listed for sale. I have read one can call support/a tech and order them from DJI as well.

If you took the serial number and ran it, was it new manufacture, say, within 6-9 months?

What was the recharge counter? I would expect a very low number in that regard.

For those who have purchased 'New' batteries.

On eBay and elsewhere there are 'New' TB47-48 batteries listed for sale. I have read one can call support/a tech and order them from DJI as well.

If you took the serial number and ran it, was it new manufacture, say, within 6-9 months?

What was the recharge counter? I would expect a very low number in that regard.
Why not share a link to the specific seller you're interested in? For example the only "New" TB48 I found on ebay.co.uk is this one

If you read the comments will see that they are for pre owned battery. This is suspicious in my opinion. Also if dji release new batteries I bet they will be available on their site which is not the case.

What I was interested in, is, how many of us have actually purchased a 'New' Battery. Knowing that DJI stopped Mfgr of the TB47 and TB48 long ago.

So
Has the battery purchased 'New' actually have a Mfg'g date less than six months old?
And
Once fully charged,cycled, and fully charged agai, what is the capacity now vs the reputed brand new fresh.

And unless someone can supply a package with the same serial number as the battery showing a matching manufacturing date consider ALL of it a lie.

At this point I can reset the counter, the capacity and the date to whatever I want. I am sure someone else can do it as well. So unless there is different supporting information (packaging, etc) to support it is *real* and valid, consider it all suspect.

Reactions: niki and McBuster
What I was interested in, is, how many of us have actually purchased a 'New' Battery. Knowing that DJI stopped Mfgr of the TB47 and TB48 long ago.

So
Has the battery purchased 'New' actually have a Mfg'g date less than six months old?
And
Once fully charged,cycled, and fully charged agai, what is the capacity now vs the reputed brand new fresh.
Last year I bought 2 new tb48 from local dji retailer, they were sitting on the shelf of this retailer for years and they told me before buying them that they may be dead. Anyway I bought them. The firmware showed production date back in 2016, but the batteries are in pristine condition. They were the last, unfortunately.

Last year I bought 2 new tb48 from local dji retailer, they were sitting on the shelf of this retailer for years and they told me before buying them that they may be dead. Anyway I bought them. The firmware showed production date back in 2016, but the batteries are in pristine condition. They were the last, unfortunately.
Thank you for the info. Once charged, did they have the stated capacity or, were they 85-90% or so?

Thank you for the info. Once charged, did they have the stated capacity or, were they 85-90% or so?
They are with full capacity and I fly the heavier inspire raw with them for about 13-14 min down to 15%. Compared to my old batteries I can do about 11-12 min max with the best of them and about 10 min with the most old ones. Some of the older I land at 25% for safety and they give me about 8 minutes. So to me those 2 batteries perform just like any new battery should.

Reactions: McBuster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk