Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New to the Inspire and the forum

Reaction score
Website
squareproductions.com
Hello pilots!

About a week into owning the Inspire 1 RAW and thought it would be a good idea to get involved with some seasoned pilots. This is NOT a Phantom. That's for sure. I've enjoyed flying the P4P but I can't cut the footage into videos using a 10-bit "ground" camera. It looks terrible. They are great for what they are, but as you all know, they're not "real" cameras. The Inspire 1 RAW - WOW! Real camera. Real sensor. Real glass. Really good video quality. Love to eventually get the Inspire 2 but for what I paid for a mint condition bird, gimbal, lens and four batteries - yea, it's a great introduction to the line and looks fantastic. So! Hello to all. Look forward to taking part in the conversation and probably looking to you all for help and questions from time to time.

Thanks!
Ben

Reactions: InspireEagle
Hello pilots!

About a week into owning the Inspire 1 RAW and thought it would be a good idea to get involved with some seasoned pilots. This is NOT a Phantom. That's for sure. I've enjoyed flying the P4P but I can't cut the footage into videos using a 10-bit "ground" camera. It looks terrible. They are great for what they are, but as you all know, they're not "real" cameras. The Inspire 1 RAW - WOW! Real camera. Real sensor. Real glass. Really good video quality. Love to eventually get the Inspire 2 but for what I paid for a mint condition bird, gimbal, lens and four batteries - yea, it's a great introduction to the line and looks fantastic. So! Hello to all. Look forward to taking part in the conversation and probably looking to you all for help and questions from time to time.

Thanks!
Ben
Welcome to the forum I'm new to the forum & Inspire 1 to these definitely are not a Phantom for sure Fly Safe

Welcome to the forum. If this is your first drone, I HIGHLY recommend you purchase something cheap in the $100 range and practice, practice, practice on THAT drone. I know you said you owned a P4P, but you will find that the Inspire is not nearly as stable or responsive as the P4P. So something a little more difficult to fly might be good training. Flying the P4P in ATTI mode should give you kind of an idea of how "floaty" the Inspire is. The controls and behavior of your Inspire RAW are exactly the same as those cheap $100 drones.

I also recommend legacy firmware and software, but that's for more advanced users who don't mind a little hacking. Firmware v1.08.xx is my favorite. If your video feed is marginal, that started with FW v1.10.xx. So if you have FW v1.08 or 1.09, do NOT update.

Go App v3.1.1 is my favorite and will be yours, too. But rolling back can be a bit daunting. If you're interested, lemme know.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: oldcomputech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44