Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New waypoint program for the Inspire anyone test how accurate it follows the points?

Bpp

Reaction score
Has anyone tested the new waypoint system for the Inspire?
I know GPS is not exact for civilian use. However has anyone set up waypoints in a measured grid or location to see how accurately the waypoints follow the original path?
I have not had the time to test it and wondered if anyone has tested how accurately the waypoints can be followed or if each flight the path changed slightly. Is it possible to map out waypoints between trees and have it follow accurately enough not to waiver on a path and strike an object. Albeit all will depend on how close you map out paths around and through objects.

The few tests I've done seem to follow the preset paths at different levels of exactness. Sometimes it seems very accurate... other times not so much. Not sure yet what factors affect those outcomes.

Thank you for the reply. I will try this in an open area to see how much it changes.
Thank you.

Yes i tried it, on a grass field where i pointed out a Square( 40m diagonal) and it followed quiet correct within +/_ 3m.(fly height 30m)
But, all depends on how many Sat's you have and also the wind is an important factor.
As it struggles a bit to get through the wind ( from against-with the wind) although it looks worse than it is (klonky corection moves)
This effect you can also see when you do a POI , and it goes from against ->with the wind.
Other problem that one can not zoom-in enough in the GO-Pilot app to see the result later on.in your recorded fly path.
I will try it again on a football terrain (100x50m) and then i can folow in the vid-link how neat it is done...
A next test would be how it respects the yaw angles you program at each waypoint.
Don't forget a full batt ! as it refuses IOC when first alert goes off

succes

Yes i tried it, on a grass field where i pointed out a Square( 40m diagonal) and it followed quiet correct within +/_ 3m.(fly height 30m)
But, all depends on how many Sat's you have and also the wind is an important factor.
As it struggles a bit to get through the wind ( from against-with the wind) although it looks worse than it is (klonky corection moves)
This effect you can also see when you do a POI , and it goes from against ->with the wind.
Other problem that one can not zoom-in enough in the GO-Pilot app to see the result later on.in your recorded fly path.
I will try it again on a football terrain (100x50m) and then i can folow in the vid-link how neat it is done...
A next test would be how it respects the yaw angles you program at each waypoint.
Don't forget a full batt ! as it refuses IOC when first alert goes off

succes
Thank you Dxtrty, yes I will watch the satellite link before I try it as well.
The Solo has the zip line in one direction which sounds very accurate for their line of flight. I had hoped to be fairly accurate with a more complicated flight path. I do appreciate your testing this also and I am interested in your results.
Thank you!

Used it a few times. Yes, the number of acquired sats makes a difference. In general, I was pretty pleased with the result. Accurate to give or take a meter. When flown in light winds, the bird flies steady giving me smooth footage. Helped me set-up a routine for a shoot that we repeated a half dozen times so the Cam Op could nail his movements. Would be nice to make use of all the available speed but alas, it's limited in autonomous flight modes

Used it a few times. Yes, the number of acquired sats makes a difference. In general, I was pretty pleased with the result. Accurate to give or take a meter. When flown in light winds, the bird flies steady giving me smooth footage. Helped me set-up a routine for a shoot that we repeated a half dozen times so the Cam Op could nail his movements. Would be nice to make use of all the available speed but alas, it's limited in autonomous flight modes
Thank you Jon B! I hope to try some tests myself. This is great information!

I tried it on a baseball diamond. Waypoints were bases. It was pretty accurate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin