Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie for Inspire 1 (any advices?)

Reaction score
Hello guys, currently have a Phantom 2. I just bought my Inspire 1 and it will arrive soon I hope. Any advices?

Take it slow. The inspire flies a bit more aggressive than the phantom.
Do the first flights without people around you, they do distract.
Check your Sensor readings in the app before every flight, specially IMU and compass data.
Work your lipos properly (read the lipo guide)
When you fly do your basic flight figures after lift-off to check if the Inspire behaves well.
Dont get cocky with the Inspire, its a tool for great video & photo no racing quad.
Dont use chipped propellers, when you have a crash trow the blades away and use new ones.

Take it slow. The inspire flies a bit more aggressive than the phantom.
Do the first flights without people around you, they do distract.
Check your Sensor readings in the app before every flight, specially IMU and compass data.
Work your lipos properly (read the lipo guide)
When you fly do your basic flight figures after lift-off to check if the Inspire behaves well.
Dont get cocky with the Inspire, its a tool for great video & photo no racing quad.
Dont use chipped propellers, when you have a crash trow the blades away and use new ones.

Thank you Michael ! Appreciate the advice

Read the user manual over and over. Watch the instructional videos. Go through the checklist. Make sure everything has been charged before the flight. Compass and IMU calibrations are important. As Adreyzasran stated, fly alone so you can concentrate. Stay in an open area. ATTI manual mode is easier than you think, but it is very responsive. Even though I had no problem in GPS mode, others did. Just be mindful of fly-offs and other abnormalities in GPS mode. Even though you have flown a Phantom, spend some time in the Flight Sim, its worth the flight time. Go over the Pilot app video and get accustomed to where everything is located.

Visit the forum constantly, you will learn alot from the more experienced pilots, and dont be scared to ask questions even though you might think its dumb

Start in beginner mode as set your heights and distances so you will be flying close by.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions