Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie questions...

Reaction score
Sorry, looked and had the answer at one point but lost it and can't find it again.

1) when you calibrate the inspire before you take off, it's basically locating it's home base so when you hit return to home, it knows where to go, right?

How do I make "home base" where I am? If I'm walking around the field and want it to follow me, how do I get it to do that? I saw 4 icons that say "follow, fpv, free and center camera", is that it? (or is it because I'm still in beginner mode?)

2) How do you get out of beginner mode? I thought if you trip the switch to "A", that would allow you to control it?

3) I still don't know how to move/manipulate the direction of the camera. I know the dial on the left side of the controller moves the camera up and down but how do I move it in different directions?

4) If you can, is it a dial or I thought you moved your finger on the screen.

5) Isn't there a manual I can look up these questions? All I got was a "quick start" manual.

Thanks,

Mark

Sorry, looked and had the answer at one point but lost it and can't find it again.

1) when you calibrate the inspire before you take off, it's basically locating it's home base so when you hit return to home, it knows where to go, right?

How do I make "home base" where I am? If I'm walking around the field and want it to follow me, how do I get it to do that? I saw 4 icons that say "follow, fpv, free and center camera", is that it? (or is it because I'm still in beginner mode?)

2) How do you get out of beginner mode? I thought if you trip the switch to "A", that would allow you to control it?

3) I still don't know how to move/manipulate the direction of the camera. I know the dial on the left side of the controller moves the camera up and down but how do I move it in different directions?

4) If you can, is it a dial or I thought you moved your finger on the screen.

5) Isn't there a manual I can look up these questions? All I got was a "quick start" manual.

Thanks,

Mark
Hey mark...
go to the dji website and you can download the user manual. .
it will answer most of your questions. .
welcome to the forum. .
happy flying turbo. .

Hey mark...
go to the dji website and you can download the user manual. .
it will answer most of your questions. .
welcome to the forum. .
happy flying turbo. .

Thanks tdp, I appreciate it. I watched a ton of their videos but didn't think about downloading it from there. DUH!

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks tdp, I appreciate it. I watched a ton of their videos but didn't think about downloading it from there. DUH!

Thanks!

Mark

Well, almost 2 1/2 hours later, I've read the manual and answered all my questions for now. While I'm at it, I decided to do the firmware update only because I figure it's something I'm going to be forced to do anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

nice thread to read. simple answer to simple questions - without anybody offending anyone!

wish the rest of the internet was like that!

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I think the reason it is here is because if you're spend 3-4K on a toy/video producing toy, you're probably a little more affluent than the 18y/o with a sport bike .... Which in turn probably means you're a little more mature.... (hopefully) LOL

Reactions: crashburn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa