Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Night shoot questions/Sample photos, what do you think???

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So I was recently asked to take some photos for a business that installs special lighting, for properties, businesses and such. Their lighting is specially designed and they are wanting to see from the air how it is working on the properties that they have installed some of their products at. Obviously being that these are lights used for night operation, I will be photographing these locations at, wait for it... Night!

I did some test shots at a location I work at that is relatively close to the actual type of setups that I will be shooting for them in the near future (supposed to do the shoot in May). It's a parking lot with pole lighting. I'm not sure how I feel about how the tests turned out and so I am here to, first ask everyone's opinion on what I tested and then ask for any advice or help you might have to get more out of the I1 camera for a night type of shoot like this.

My I1 camera was set at ISO800 with the shutter at 50 in full manual mode, running LOG and color set to none.

Here are my test sample shots of the parking lot as well as some taken higher up and off in the distance pointing towards downtown. Let me know what you guys think and if you have a way for me to get more light into my I1 camera without creating anymore noise. I found ISO800 to work pretty good to bring as much light in as I could without adding too much more noise and the shutter set at 50 seemed good, but I was afraid to go any lower than that for fear of any slower setting, the camera might start picking up motion blur too much!

DJI_0018.jpegDJI_0009.jpeg DJI_0011.jpegDJI_0013.jpegDJI_0017.jpegDJI_0018.jpegDJI_0011.jpeg

Reactions: cburns
I'm not sure how I feel about how the tests turned out and so I am here to, first ask everyone's opinion on what I tested and then ask for any advice or help
It would make sense to run these past your prospective client to make sure it's what they're looking for rather than asking forum people that aren't involved. It's all about giving the client what they want.

Reactions: flyingclint
these look friggin sweet, my man.

Ha! Thanks, buddy! It's hard doing night stuff and getting decent results. It took a lot of editing on the pics to get to this, mostly really working with noise reduction in Lightroom. I think I can make some changes slightly and I will be more happy with the results. Mostly the client was happy with the tests, so I at least know my shoot with him will go well...!

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207