Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Fly Zones - What happens?

Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been answered...
I have a potential project where I am just on the border of a NFZ.

Questions:
1) If I am just outside the red zone app circle, will I be able to take off?
2) If I do take off, what happens if I venture into the NFZ? Does it automatically land or RTH?
3) Is this literally a no fly zone or a height restriction zone?
4) I read somewhere about trying this out on the simulator, is this an accurate way to determine what might happen?

This is a real estate project. Half the home is out of the NFZ and the other half is in the NFZ (now that is bad luck).
I am only taking low level still photography, no video, so it will be a quick in-and-out. Can I just fly into zone, snap a few pics and get out of the zone?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

I'm not positive but I think the altitude funnels down the closer you get to the no fly zone. I lived in a no fly zone and the motors will not start with gps lock.
I was in my basement when I first got the inspire and had no gps lock, I started the motors without props and had them spinning. Then I got gps lock and it shut down the motors!

Questions:
2) If I do take off, what happens if I venture into the NFZ? Does it automatically land or RTH?
4) I read somewhere about trying this out on the simulator, is this an accurate way to determine what might happen?

This is a real estate project. Half the home is out of the NFZ and the other half is in the NFZ (now that is bad luck).
I am only taking low level still photography, no video, so it will be a quick in-and-out. Can I just fly into zone, snap a few pics and get out of the zone?

Peter

This is the closest i have come to testing it. Yes you can take off! it will tell you your approaching restricted airspace and if you continue into the restricted airspace and cross the red line it will start to auto land. If your able to turn around and get out of the restricted airspace fast enough you can regain control if not your **** out of luck.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hrm. I always thought the units just did a dead-stop against the NFZ 'wall', refusing to go forward, and only auto-landing if it somehow realized it was inside of it (GPS blip or whatever)? Am I unintentionally giving terrible advice?

Questions:

Peter
Also you should call the tower before your flight and let them know where you'll be flying if your that close to their airspace. I do it all the time since i live less then 2000 feet from the busiest general aviation airport in america.

Hrm. I always thought the units just did a dead-stop against the NFZ 'wall', refusing to go forward, and only auto-landing if it somehow realized it was inside of it (GPS blip or whatever)? Am I unintentionally giving terrible advice?
Since its just the trainer you are probably right. But i don't want to test it for real lol

Also you should call the tower before your flight and let them know where you'll be flying if your that close to their airspace. I do it all the time since i live less then 2000 feet from the busiest general aviation airport in america.

Yes! I would suggest calling or contacting the Flight Services/Tower and explain your Flight path and time needed.. Better safe than Sorry.. You don't want to be on the News. Not that it can't be done, but with all the news and media, CERTAIN people are looking to crush our hobby.. Either way it's your responsibility as a Pilot[emoji6]!

The manual explains the "cone" and increasing limitations the closer you get. Depends on the particular NFZ type too.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

i also have a different uav system with an 800mw video transmitter. near where i live is a medic helibase. i did ask the pilot once if i could somehow interfear his radio or anything they are working with considering freqency and airspace with altitude...
all he said that the frequency's they are using are so low that my transmitter doesn't do jack... as far as altitude goes i should stay below the 500m (advisable since they fly with 200km/h and up) so with a bit brain absolutley nothing will happen when flying near an airport...
mostly these guys are easy on sharing airspace and when they know about you they'll go, ok just be carefull lad happy flying :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell