Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Video from my Inspire 1 v2.0

Reaction score
Hey all,
I finally got my replacement Inspire 1 v2.0 today. I charged the batteries: Controller and Flight, and it linked up. Launched the DJI Go App on my iPad and it picked up the Inspire. Now the issue: I have No Video from the X3 camera. I can control the gimble Pan & Tilt, but have no camera functions. I have tried different Lightning Cables, with and without SD Cards. Other than taking the thing apart, does anyone have something I should try?
Oh, and yes it flies, just can't see anything,

Also: Do you not have to register your Inspire with DJI? I never got asked, Like I did with my P4, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2.

Thanks,
Art

Art , finally got the replacement from where ? Did the X3 ever work? Have a real good look at the quick disconnect cables behind the nose cone and check the gimbal to camera gold contacts very carefully. Does the app say no image in the top ?

Art , finally got the replacement from where ? Did the X3 ever work? Have a real good look at the quick disconnect cables behind the nose cone and check the gimbal to camera gold contacts very carefully. Does the app say no image in the top ?
My original Inspire 1 that I ordered was stolen or misdelivered by the USPS. So I contacted Amazon and they sent a replacement.
As for this one: I have gimbal control. just no video. I have a 90 day warranty so I'm hoping that Amazon will make it right, before I start taking it apart.
It appears to have the X5 mount setup. but that shouldn't matter?

My original Inspire 1 that I ordered was stolen or misdelivered by the USPS. So I contacted Amazon and they sent a replacement.
As for this one: I have gimbal control. just no video. I have a 90 day warranty so I'm hoping that Amazon will make it right, before I start taking it apart.
It appears to have the X5 mount setup. but that shouldn't matter?
Art what version numbers are in the about screen ?

Art what version numbers are in the about screen ?
Here ya go. Are these the latest? Without a camera connection I can't use the SD Card method to update the firmware.

Attachments

• 20230105_123957.jpg
    20230105_123957.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230105_125423.jpg
    20230105_125423.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230105_125455.jpg
    20230105_125455.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230105_125758.jpg
    20230105_125758.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 10
The Go App should report the camera firmware version. Like this:
1673112625154.png

So either your camera (X3) has the wrong FW version, OR there is a problem with the physical connection to the aircraft. I assume your drone is used. So I imagine that Amazon lemmings may be haphazardly mixing cameras and aircraft without matching the firmwares. But based on your screenshot, I'm going to guess that there is a physical problem with either the camera or the dock or the aircraft. As you can see in my screenshot, the camera FW is different from the AC FW. This is for the X5 camera. The X3 camera FW has to match the AC FW.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: ArtCox
The Go App should report the camera firmware version. Like this:
View attachment 33379

So either your camera (X3) has the wrong FW version, OR there is a problem with the physical connection to the aircraft. I assume your drone is used. So I imagine that Amazon lemmings may be haphazardly mixing cameras and aircraft without matching the firmwares. But based on your screenshot, I'm going to guess that there is a physical problem with either the camera or the dock or the aircraft. As you can see in my screenshot, the camera FW is different from the AC FW. This is for the X5 camera. The X3 camera FW has to match the AC FW.

Good luck.

D
That's what I am discovering. I have the X5 on order and should be here in the next few days. DJI Support has sent me a UPS label to ship the camera (X3) to them for repair since I bought it from Amazon and I have a 90 day warranty.

That's what I am discovering. I have the X5 on order and should be here in the next few days. DJI Support has sent me a UPS label to ship the camera (X3) to them for repair since I bought it from Amazon and I have a 90 day warranty.
Good deal. I think I would wait to send the X3. This may be a problem with the dock or the Aircraft. Wait until you can test the X5 before sending the X3. You may have to send back the entire drone.

And FYI, my Inspire 1 will work with any X5 regardless of firmware. So far I have tested 3 X5's with 3 different firmware versions and they all worked perfectly.

D

I understand that. Mine fortunately came with the X5 gimbal mount kit already installed. I'm thinking the seller just threw the cheaper X3 in the case.

I understand that. Mine fortunately came with the X5 gimbal mount kit already installed. I'm thinking the seller just threw the cheaper X3 in the case.
The Inspire 1, V2 shipped with the X3 camera, but was X5-ready.

D

**UPDATE**
Got my Zemmuse X5 today. Set it up, and I now have video.. YEA!.. So it is my X3 camera that is bad. I will send it to DJI for repair or replacement.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207