Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
skyhighinspection.com
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a personal communication device that didn't require a push to talk like a walkie talkie and was not tied to cell service? I work in wind turbine inspections and I would like a way to communicate with my sensor observer without screaming across a field, haha. Cell service can be spotty and unreliable so apps on the phone and Bluetooth calls are not an option at this point.

Thank You for any input.

As you don't want push to talk and cellular that will cause issues with full duplex simultaneous comms, unless you go satellite which will be expensive

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a personal communication device that didn't require a push to talk like a walkie talkie and was not tied to cell service? I work in wind turbine inspections and I would like a way to communicate with my sensor observer without screaming across a field, haha. Cell service can be spotty and unreliable so apps on the phone and Bluetooth calls are not an option at this point.

Thank You for any input.
Just get a set of Walkie talkies/PMR radios and VOX mikes.
Set the squelch and VOX levels.
Job done.

Reactions: licensed pilot
Ah, I see. The only issue I had with the walkie talkie set up was having to take a hand off the RC to communicate, seems like VOX would solve that and walkie would be viable. I have no experience in that area, showing my rookie, haha.

Ah, I see. The only issue I had with the walkie talkie set up was having to take a hand off the RC to communicate, seems like VOX would solve that and walkie would be viable. I have no experience in that area, showing my rookie, haha.
You could also use a surveillance earpiece, lapel mic and push to talk like this one. We are planning to use a similar set up and velcro the PTT on the bottom of the controller to keep hands on.

Platinum Series 3-Wire Surveillance Kit with wireless PTT | Surveillance Kits and Earpieces

Thank you for any more advice/opinions.

To note: when you reply to an old thread it does not appear in the “new posts” section.

Therefore the only voices alerted to this post are folks from an old thread. This doesn’t ask the question across the whole group who many are new and would never see this unless searching for it.

All that that to say - thank you for this forum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian