Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Objective Avoidance (bumping into things)

Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but, after a month of flying, :eek: I still have an innate fear of hitting something.

Is it a safe presumption that any object--tree, building, lamp post, etc.--whose top is below the horizon in any degree can be safely flown over without crashing into it?

When on site I like to take a measurement with the quad of the highest object around. Then I know to stay a few meters above it at all times.

This may sound dumb, but, after a month of flying, :eek: I still have an innate fear of hitting something.

Is it a safe presumption that any object--tree, building, lamp post, etc.--whose top is below the horizon in any degree can be safely flown over without crashing into it?
That's not an innate fear..... It's self preservation :)
Distance perspective gets pretty skewed at even modest distances when flying. As a rule, if you can see daylight between the top of whatever it is and your Inspire you wont hit it!

Sorry, I failed to qualify my question... o_O

When flying and looking at the monitor (through the camera) and the top of an object in front of the Inspire is below the horizon, it would be safe to fly over it without any untoward incident. True?

Sorry, I failed to qualify my question... o_O

When flying and looking at the monitor (through the camera) and the top of an object in front of the Inspire is below the horizon, it would be safe to fly over it without any untoward incident. True?

Im interested in this response too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko