Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Offline FAA Cert Prep/Course

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to start training for my FAA certificate but I'm usually away from internet. Are there any courses that are reasonably priced that have the ability to study offline?

Also if not I could try to study while only onilne if you have any recommendations for a good course either way.

Hello,

I'd like to start training for my FAA certificate but I'm usually away from internet. Are there any courses that are reasonably priced that have the ability to study offline?

Also if not I could try to study while only onilne if you have any recommendations for a good course either way.
Search online. Lots of courses. You can always download the materials for study.

IMO, the paid stuff is a rip off when there are free study guides by FAA and practice tests available by 3DR. The hardest part about the test imo, is the weather briefing crap that no one uses (talking full scale pilots).

And I haven’t flown full scale in a couple years but I’m not so sure people even use sectionals anymore now that there are aviation gps systems and interactive sectionals. But hey, the FAA has to justify their existence sometimes.

Just Use the above study guide, take the practice test a few times until you’re confident and take the test.

Reactions: MobileAndMonitoring
I was going to go the free route but decided to take a structured course. remotepilot101.com worked for me.

They have a pretty good help desk to answer technical questions you might have along the way. The tuition is lifetime access, meaning you can use them for the refresher exams.

IMO, the paid stuff is a rip off when there are free study guides by FAA and practice tests available by 3DR. The hardest part about the test imo, is the weather briefing crap that no one uses (talking full scale pilots).

And I haven’t flown full scale in a couple years but I’m not so sure people even use sectionals anymore now that there are aviation gps systems and interactive sectionals. But hey, the FAA has to justify their existence sometimes.

Just Use the above study guide, take the practice test a few times until you’re confident and take the test.
"I’m not so sure people even use sectionals anymore " I only use sectionals in planning my jobs. Apps are for hobbyists.

Reactions: snowghost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry