Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

On a Golfers tip

KISS balancing tip I use for the Zuiko 40-150mm
Me tripod lens
Great tip, slim.slamma. I have been using quarters and gaffers tape, but the lead tape looks far more elegant
Here's a question. How do you feel about the adhesive. Any possibility that it can come off in flight and is it hard to get off when you want to change it?

Attachments

• Quarters Tapped up.JPG
    Quarters Tapped up.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • Side Weight-01.JPG
    Side Weight-01.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: slim.slamma
The adhesive is solid. Electrical tape over. Good to go
Great tip, slim.slamma. I have been using quarters and gaffers tape, but the lead tape looks far more elegant
Here's a question. How do you feel about the adhesive. Any possibility that it can come off in flight and is it hard to get off when you want to change it?
I forgot to mention
75 grams
Two can be fitted

The adhesive is solid

Any possibility that it can come off in flight and is it hard to get off when you want to change it?

Back when I first started flying an I1 with X5 several years ago I used the setup in the attached pic: Little putter weights that have the sharp side of self adhesive velcro attached to them, with the other smooth side of the velcro attached to my camera/gimbal at the necessary locations to attach the weights when needed. The attached pic is from a set I took to document the setup for each lens/filter setup I used back then (I regularly use 12, 25, and 45mm lenses with UV and ND filters, so there are several configurations...I wanted to be able to just refer to pics in the field). When I upgraded to the I2 with X5S I had several people tell me that I no longer needed to worry about balancing, but this velcro system worked so well that I set up the X5S to use it too. I did a better job trimming the velcro that goes on the gimbal the second time around (I'm a bit embarrassed to post that pic, but I didn't take as clear pics of the X5S because I found that I didn't need them). The main reason I am posting this is to share that I've never had any problem with the velcro connection failing. These weights stay put really well.

A funny aside: When I was switching to the X5S, before I added the velcro system, someone recommended using BlueTac putty , so I got some through Amazon. I didn't like that solution because it seemed too messy/dirty to me. But the funny part is that Amazon started to recommend various stripper accessories to me based on that purchase. Apparently strippers use blue tac to attach pasties. Buyer beware! It was an interesting thing to explain to my wife of 42 years. ;-)

Attachments

• 12mmUV-WeightConfig.jpg
    12mmUV-WeightConfig.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08