Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK On-site signage

Your UAV is considered an "aircraft" by the feds. Thus any aircraft you put up in the National Airspace (NAS) is regulated by the FAA. There are Federal Air Regulations (FARs) governing night flying. Unless your aircraft complies with the regulations, you are in violation.
Federal Aviation Regulation Sec. 91.507 - Equipment requirements: Over-the-top or night VFR operations.

Federal Aviation Regulation Sec. 91.205 - Powered civil aircraft with standard category U.S. airworthiness certificates: Instrument and equipment requirements.

Our UAVs were not designed to navigate the NAS at night and do not meet FAA regulations. The only exceptions are UAV test beds, currently flown at night by large companies and universities, researching collision avoidance technology and in designated restricted areas where manned aircraft are not allowed. These are operated under FAA Certificates of Authorization, issued for specific testing purposes.Here's one example.

It's not my intention to tell you what you can or can't do. That's up to you. But it's important people who read these postings receive correct information and don't go getting into trouble and cause themselves unnecessary grief.
Lower your altitude or use your oxygen mask, I've repeated numerous times and it is reflected on the FAA website, "The language regulating operational hours for hobbyists has been removed". If you wish to read more into it well it is what it is!
SEC. 336. SPECIAL RULE FOR MODEL AIRCRAFT.

(a) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law relating to the incorporation of unmanned aircraft systems into Federal Aviation Administration plans and policies, including this subtitle, the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft, if—

(1) the aircraft is flown strictly for hobby or recreational use;

(2) the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community- based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;

(3) the aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program adminis- tered by a community-based organization;

(4) the aircraft is operated in a manner that does not interfere with and gives way to any manned aircraft; and (5) when flown within 5 miles of an airport, the operator of the aircraft provides the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation (model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within 5 miles of an airport should establish a mutually-agreed upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the

airport)).

(b) STATUTORY CONSTRUCTION.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit the authority of the Administrator to pursue enforcement action against persons operating model aircraft who endanger the safety of the national airspace system.

(c) MODEL AIRCRAFT DEFINED.—In this section, the term ‘‘model aircraft’’ means an unmanned aircraft that is—

(1) capable of sustained flight in the atmosphere;

H. R. 658—68

(2) flown within visual line of sight of the person operating the aircraft; and

(3) flown for hobby or recreational purposes.

Do whatever you wish, but stop spreading your own falsehoods just to accommodate whatever it is you want to do. Call your local FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) the contact info is here. Ask them if you can fly your toy at night and let me know what they say...EOD.

Do whatever you wish, but stop spreading your own falsehoods just to accommodate whatever it is you want to do. Call your local FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) the contact info is here. Ask them if you can fly your toy at night and let me know what they say...EOD.
What are you a pilot of and in what universe? There's your interpretation and there's very clear, specific and explicit language from the FAA which I've pasted because you're so focused on trying to prove me wrong you can't even process plain English!
I'll follow the FAA thank you very much.

You obviously cannot find any reference to prohibitions or regulations concerning hours of operation as it pertains to hobbyists/recreation, So it may be the falsehoods or simple lack of understanding is on your part.

You obviously cannot find any reference to prohibitions or regulations concerning hours of operation as it pertains to hobbyists/recreation, So it may be the falsehoods or simple lack of understanding is on your part.
I only soled in 1969 (in a fabric covered aeroplane) , private pilot license in 1970, commercial license in 1976 so I'm sure I am not as hip to FARs as you, I bow to your superior intellect.

Do let me know what the FSDO says re: your interpretation of the regulations, will ya?

Im sick of being bombarded...It makes me sick and get...

Strikes me your not really a 'people' person. I enjoy when people ask questions, the general hubub and to a degree being in the limelight, Yes, I do enjoy all that.
You're 'sick' quite a lot I've noticed, and from previous posts too, maybe you need to lighten up a little....???
The people Im talking about are not there to ask questions. They are demanding to know why I am filming at all and think I am spying on them. You are right though. I hate other people. I have had enough attention during my life as a recording artist and radio announcer. I use my drone to shoot video for my production work. I don't go out just to fly around and while Im happy enough for people to just want a chat, I don't want these mad bastards running up demanding to know what Im doing. To me, its my work. Im not there for them.

I only soled in 1969 (in a fabric covered aeroplane) , private pilot license in 1970, commercial license in 1976 so I'm sure I am not as hip to FARs as you, I bow to your superior intellect.

Do let me know what the FSDO says re: your interpretation of the regulations, will ya?
Are you trying to say "soloed"? or was there shoe material attached to that craft? Even you posted Recreational / Hobbyists rules on another thread and the reference to night operations were absent, That prohibition was clearly indicated previously on the FAA.GOV website, the issue is less about intellect than simply the ability to read and understand, I don't know you I have nothing to gain by this silly back and forth, the links you provided had absolutely nothing to do with Hobby/recreation, If you think the faa website is misleading then by all means take that up with them, otherwise calm down read section 336 and if you find any reference to hours of operation for hobbyists please inform us unenlightened terrestrials. otherwise yes please end this discussion!

Since you yourself have posted this I'm sure you're familiar with it, But I guess you have something you're trying to prove!
This is directly from the FAA website, Please highlight those hours of operations for us!

Model Aircraft Operations

Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.

The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

The people Im talking about are not there to ask questions. They are demanding to know why I am filming at all and think I am spying on them. You are right though. I hate other people. I have had enough attention during my life as a recording artist and radio announcer. I use my drone to shoot video for my production work. I don't go out just to fly around and while Im happy enough for people to just want a chat, I don't want these mad bastards running up demanding to know what Im doing. To me, its my work. Im not there for them.
You could just ignore them you know, even if its just to keep your BP at a safe level.

Are you trying to say "soloed"? or was there shoe material attached to that craft? Even you posted Recreational / Hobbyists rules on another thread and the reference to night operations were absent, That prohibition was clearly indicated previously on the FAA.GOV website, the issue is less about intellect than simply the ability to read and understand, I don't know you I have nothing to gain by this silly back and forth, the links you provided had absolutely nothing to do with Hobby/recreation, If you think the faa website is misleading then by all means take that up with them, otherwise calm down read section 336 and if you find any reference to hours of operation for hobbyists please inform us unenlightened terrestrials. otherwise yes please end this discussion!

I made a typo, therefore I bow to your superior intellect.:p

ps- Don't forget to share the answer you get from your local FSDO after you ask them if you can fly your drone at night, so we can be enlightened...

The people Im talking about are not there to ask questions. They are demanding to know why I am filming at all and think I am spying on them. You are right though. I hate other people. I have had enough attention during my life as a recording artist and radio announcer. I use my drone to shoot video for my production work. I don't go out just to fly around and while Im happy enough for people to just want a chat, I don't want these mad bastards running up demanding to know what Im doing. To me, its my work. Im not there for them.[/QUOTE

You must have a terrorist looking face ! ;)

Yes, you are right.. but Im not that kind of guy. What should I say to them when they threaten to bring my drone down? I'm talking about normal flying and filming too... not being an idiot,
I won't say you're wrong, I'd probably want to mace anyone doing the same to me although I have yet to experience such insensitivity, my general attitude is similar to a James Brown song "Static, don't start none won't be none", as long as they don't carry out those threats the only legal recourse you have is to report the threats to authorities which actually are taken pretty seriously nowadays!
Happy flying!

I made a typo, therefore I bow to your superior intellect.:p

ps- Don't forget to share the answer you get from your local FSDO after you ask them if you can fly your drone at night, so we can be enlightened...
You have been completely incapable of referencing any FAA information regarding this subject which is off topic, you fail to comprehend factual information presented from that agency, you keep mentioning intellect while failing miserably to apply any, there is a term for this it's called "stuck on stupid", and you're actually claiming to assist others obtain a 333 when you can't even comprehend section 336, good luck with that! I'm really done with this. Goodbye.

This thread was about using signage at your flight location it was not about whether the FAA do or do not permit night flying for hobbyists.
Can we please get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Mea Culpa, I will take responsibility for devolving this thread, I asked you a question "Irish Sights" answered it succinctly and I made a comment which at the time it seemed someone asked me to clarify and I emphatically apologize for allowing it to go so far, I will endeavor in the future to comply by the rules of conduct here, I apologize.

Mac

This thread was about using signage at your flight location it was not about whether the FAA do or do not permit night flying for hobbyists.
Can we please get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Sample sign: feel free to use!

uav_warning_sign-1.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool