Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo Mobile + GoPro?

Reaction score
Hello, I have a GoPro Hero 5 and was wondering if others have combined it with the Osmo Mobile. Here are my questions:

1) With the GoPro & Osmo Mobile alone (without using the app or my phone), can I just turn on the Osmo and it'll immediately start stabilizing? I don't need the phone app at all right?

2) What features/advantages am I missing if I use the GoPro+Osmo rather than the Go4 App/Phone+Osmo? I guess I can use the GoPro app to view my footage?

3) Can I still do motion timelapses using my phone while the GoPro is mounted via the Go4 app right?

4) My phone is a Google Nexus 6p, which I use to fly the DJI Mavic with; however, the Go4 app consistently crashed thus I got an Ipad. How's the Go4 App on Androids work with the Osmo mobile? Is it glitchy?

5) Can I charge the Osmo Mobile with an Anker external battery 26800 mAh (3x ports; Output 5V 6A (3A max per port))?

Thanks, much appreciated ;)

I have the same, but have the detachable mobile unit, plus the X5 gimble. For the GoPro5, I also have the REMOVU, but for different applications. I've done a lot of due diligence on this. Based on my understanding with this GoPro adapter, you will have issues shooting ultra wide and wide (gimble visible). However, you can attach teh GoPro with teh back of the GoPro to the front of the mobile unit and shoot video but with the Osmo unit backwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379