Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Out of control crash

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been flying copters for about 12 months and today i though would be a good day to fly the inspire after testing it in my conservatory and garden. Had a couple of issues were i did not think it was as responsive as it should be as it would drift and fight me to make it return. I bought it back and kept it really low when this happened, it just took off on its own luckily into a bush. I have the most recent firmware and I have also calibrated the imu every time i have turned it on. The compass was also calibrated before flight. Any advice would be great thanks.

will look into it today ed and stick it in my drop box. Obviously I don't have enough experience with this machine to say 100 percent it wasn't my fault but just before this happened i sent it towards the hedge line and then pulled it back to me. When I was pulling it back it was only traveling very slow even though i had the stick pulled all the way, it was like it was trying to go backwards but i had enough left on the stick to force it my way. If you look in the video as the bird rotates it starts to travel backwards on its own at full pace.

Is there any chance the battery was low and it started to fly back to it's home point?

Hi all, I have been flying copters for about 12 months and today i though would be a good day to fly the inspire after testing it in my conservatory and garden. Had a couple of issues were i did not think it was as responsive as it should be as it would drift and fight me to make it return. I bought it back and kept it really low when this happened, it just took off on its own luckily into a bush. I have the most recent firmware and I have also calibrated the imu every time i have turned it on. The compass was also calibrated before flight. Any advice would be great thanks.

The craft should not 'fight you' when making a return, ever, with a stable GPS lock on. This is indicative that the different sensors (GPS, compass, orientation) are giving conflicting information. It's always a good idea after takeoff to let go of the sticks and watch for holding of position. If that happens, in relatively calm conditions, something is not right - be prepared for the need for quick action!

yes your right, I had been fly for about 15 mins before it started to behave in a unusual manor. I have just returned from a flight in an open field with nobody no tress around. Today's flight was perfect and as it should be, I did calibrate the imu on site in the take off position.

Get the logs to Tahoe Ed. He helped me out with the issue I had with my Inspire as well.

it does have a kill switch, fly in the simulator and pull both sticks down and towards a each other

I see your point but that is a soft stop. Looking for a hard stop on a switch. Just a wishlist item.

The problem with a hard stop (switch) is you would have inexperienced pilots pressing it in error. The easiest is simply down and together, and better still to understand that ANY drift should result in you rising above any risk and the switching to anti mode and flying manually.

Why has DJI not added a kill switch. All experienced RC flyers know this is just as important as the throttle.
They have - CSC. It has been there since DJI first introduced Flight Controllers and the original Phantom to the market.

yes your right, I had been fly for about 15 mins before it started to behave in a unusual manor. I have just returned from a flight in an open field with nobody no tress around. Today's flight was perfect and as it should be, I did calibrate the imu on site in the take off position.

Did you make sure the aircraft was perfectly level before you calibrated the IMU? Doing it on a lawn or any kind of uneven ground is always going to cause problems. You really don't need to calibrate the IMU (or the compass) before every flight.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Heller, you say you were flying around for 15 minutes in your garden and moved to another location?
Did you charge you battery before moving towards the new takeoff point?

If you didn't I'm sure your battery dumped down to nothing.

Did you make sure the aircraft was perfectly level before you calibrated the IMU? Doing it on a lawn or any kind of uneven ground is always going to cause problems. You really don't need to calibrate the IMU (or the compass) before every flight.
I was about to say that, the IMU AFAIK you do it once in a while, after an FW upgrade for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa