Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Overriding DJI's No Fly Zones

Thank you sir! I have emailed DJI with my request and am sure they will reply asking for the info. you listed. I have verbal authority to fly from the prison warden (I'll have no prob. getting a written document) , an FAA 333, and a commercial pilot certificate. And a month before next flight, will see....

@licensed pilot

The Red zones can be turned off but.......
  • It can only be done on an individual basis (ie one area at a time)
  • You will have to supply a lot of information to DJI including passport information, letter of authority to fly in that area signed by a relevant authority
  • They will also require you sign an NDA
  • It is not that 'quick'
  • It will necessitate you being sent a 'special' version of the Go App that will have that specific area authorised.
  • You will have to uninstall your current Go App version and install the new one you are sent
  • Once it expires you will have to go back to the standard app.

Knowing how fast DJI can respond sometimes this might even be quicker.....:p

NFZ removal – CopterSafe – Remove No Fly Zone limitation for Phantom and Inpire

Cracking open my P3P or I1PRO...not in this lifetime...:eek:

NFZ removal – CopterSafe – Remove No Fly Zone limitation for Phantom and Inpire

If you have a backup in iTunes (see other threads) you can go backwards. DJI do have a manual workaround if you have permission to fly it a specific area. You have to email them with precise location, times and other details - I don't have the particulars. This is designed for work at airports where ATC clearance is obtained. Whether this would apply to a prison is doubtful - they are NFZs for obvious reasons.

"If you have a backup in iTunes (see other threads) you can go backwards. "

I searched the forum but couldn't find the steps on backup in iTunes and going backwards. Any help?

If they were red before geo they should still be red, but the OP states it was geo that turned his prison red. Turning off geo should revert to the old pre-geo system.
Thanks Woot. I am working with DJISAFE and they were quick to reply, 24 hours, no doubt the difference in time zones. I would still like to know how to turn off Geo? (before I get lectured re: NFZ, I am a 333 operator and licensed commercial pilot, and in this case the prison warden authorized each and every flight in advance) Thanks Woot.

Thanks Woot. I am working with DJISAFE and they were quick to reply, 24 hours, no doubt the difference in time zones. I would still like to know how to turn off Geo? (before I get lectured re: NFZ, I am a 333 operator and licensed commercial pilot, and in this case the prison warden authorized each and every flight in advance) Thanks Woot.
It is an option in the most recent version of the Go App but it wont actually turn it off completely (like for prisons etc - they will remain red).
You will need to go the route you have via direct contact with DJI to get round that one. :)

It is an option in the most recent version of the Go App but it wont actually turn it off completely (like for prisons etc - they will remain red).
You will need to go the route you have via direct contact with DJI to get round that one. :)
Thanks, hopefully is my first and last prison job...at least from the outside.

chief wiggins.gif

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop