Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Phantom 3 controller as Inspire 1 slave?

Reaction score
Any idea on this? It seems a good second craft given exact same lens / camera or did they artificially cripple to prevent binding or use as slave for phantom 3 controller?

On the announcement, I think given the tech inspire is going to drop to ~2k and next revision will have FPV camera in nose, and MFT camera. I am happy with the craft but disappointed I overpaid (just got it this week).

With that said, this is good new not bad. The tech of inspire will get more usage which means more fixes and features for inspire (and phantom 3). You can't be unhappy if things get better for others when they are just as good for you but current pricing makes no sense when only different is dual camera operators. People who talk about craft stability and speed I have to wonder if they ever used a P2 with 3 axis in high wind. My experience is extra weight of inspire = extra inertia I was shocked at how agressive GPS hold swings are (hands off sticks when moving). Had to use atti way more with inspire vs phantom because of this weight and more power needed to stop that weight is not smoother in my experience. Also much stronger prop wash limits shooting up close of subjects. I think both are useful, hope can use P3 controller as slave! For hand held gimbal, I think for current camera it is not attractive. I dream of a camera for much better stills maybe it attaches to bayonet and doesn't even need a gimbal?

Posts on RCG say the P3 controller can't be used with the Inspire, but the I1 controller can be used with a P3.

Just heard back:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
I am sorry to tell you that the P3 remote can not be used in the inspire, also the inspire's can not be used in P3."

I wish it could be used as a slave. Oh well.

That's unfortunate. I was seriously considering upgrading the P2 for a P3 if the controller could be used slaved to the Inspire. Interchangeability, even on such a small level, would have been a DJI advantage in my particular circumstances. That actually makes the 3DR Solo a more attractive prospect for me given I already have a Hero 4 Black.

Reactions: Drone Pilot Emmen
Ya I love our phantom 3, would be the icing on the cake if the remote worked with the inspire... But that's not something I'd come to expect from DJI

Just heard back:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
I am sorry to tell you that the P3 remote can not be used in the inspire, also the inspire's can not be used in P3."

I wish it could be used as a slave. Oh well.

Huh - I think this is slightly incorrect. I use a Inspire 1 Remote on my P3 - works fine. In the future with firmware updates they may take this away but right now it pairs up perfectly with a P3 running firmware 1.19

Reactions: turbodronepilot
HDMI out converter kit is already developed for the P3 but as yet I have no price.
10 minute job and then P3 remote has HDMI via the bottom plate same as Inspire remote - only thing missing is CANBUS.
Just a snippet for ya! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg