Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pix4d + Inspire 1

DWC

Reaction score
Website
www.vimeo.com
Hi guys, anyone know if Pix4d would work yet for the Inspire1, or even if they are planning on it. Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm
If you have P4D the easiest machine for photogrammetric collection is the P2v+.
At 12m pixel it is satisfactory for most folks.
If you need high fidelity photogrammetric data and want to fuse with other survey grade data-sets ... we all are waiting.
The Inspire one compared to the P2V+ is not a good investment at this time.

Sorry, when it comes to scientific data collection, that's my interest. If your are interested in general mapping, Pix4d and a P2V+ with two extra batteries can do some amazing things for the money.

Sorry again if this doesn't help.

Reactions: cmfhegs
More bad data is not necessarily better.
RTK rover systems maybe in the near future for these types of data collects.

I use and like P4d and phantom for general collection, it works very good for the money but is not the bees knees yet...yet!

Check out RIEGL RiCOPTER with VUX-SYS.

Also you maybe interested in Geiger-mode lidar, I know I am!!!:D

The future is very interesting in terms of uas geospacial sensing.

I had email talks with Pix4d way back before I ordered my first Inspire asking if they intended to support it with their app...
They said way back then... just waiting on DJI to release the SDK for Inspire... :oops:
(we all know what a fluster cuck that turned into... way late... :mad:)

They promised YES it will be supported... IOS at some point too... :cool:
From the looks of recent changes to their website... they are getting closer (was changed when SDK finally released)
https://pix4d.com/pix4dmapper-app/

My opinion is the Inspire will be a better platform for this application because it is much better fighting wind gusts then the P2...
Even those with the new P3 report the Inspire is still king at fighting wind gusts.
And having flow my Inspire in some interesting wind conditions... I find that important...

Last edited:
I had email talks with Pix4d way back before I ordered my first Inspire asking if they intended to support it with their app...
They said way back then... just waiting on DJI to release the SDK for Inspire... :oops:

From the looks of recent changes to their website... they are getting closer (was changed when SDK finally released)**************876t
https://pix4d.com/pix4dmapper-app//

My opinion is the Inspire will be a better platform for this application because it is much better fighting wind gusts then the P2...
Even those with the new P3 report the Inspire is still king at fighting wind gusts.
And having flow my Inspire in some interesting wind conditions... I find that important...

From the looks of recent changes to their website... they are getting closer (was changed when SDK finally released)
https://pix4d.com/pix4dmapper-app/

With the advent of Matrice 100, Which is purpose built to exploit SDK.....well maybe?!?!?o_O

I'm right there with you waiting and waiting and hoping.

With the advent of Matrice 100, Which is purpose built to exploit SDK.....well maybe?!?!?o_O

I'm right there with you waiting and waiting and hoping.

I would expect the M100 will also be supported soon after they they caught up with what is promised...
I have not asked them yet on that however...

What would be really great for someone to develop... ;)
A can-bus add on widget for the M100 that has programmable outputs on it...
Widget watches the can-bus and can change output states when something happens...
It has a USB port on it and can be set up (programmed) using a PC or Tablet app
My dream app for this is...
When the X3 gimbal camera takes a still pic... (I.O.W. can-bus packet for snap still pic goes across bus)
The widget then changes an output for x seconds then back again...
Using that... I could mount more cameras (like NDVI crop cameras, etc) on the bird and control them directly...
First person to market a Widget like that for DJI can-bus will make a killing for commercial users...
Think of it as a PLC in the sky... oh the power that could bring to market... :D

I would expect the M100 will also be supported soon after they they caught up with what is promised...
I have not asked them yet on that however...

What would be really great for someone to develop... ;)
A can-bus add on widget for the M100 that has programmable outputs on it...
Widget watches the can-bus and can change output states when something happens...
It has a USB port on it and can be set up (programmed) using a PC or Tablet app
My dream app for this is...
When the X3 gimbal camera takes a still pic... (I.O.W. can-bus packet for snap still pic goes across bus)
The widget then changes an output for x seconds then back again...
Using that... I could mount more cameras (like NDVI crop cameras, etc) on the bird and control them directly...
First person to market a Widget like that for DJI can-bus will make a killing for commercial users...
Think of it as a PLC in the sky... oh the power that could bring to market... :D

Yes Agreed
I've ask the reps at Futaba, Jetti to integrate those very things into there system for greater flexibility and expansion, I think CAN is a good direction or almost any serialized architecture.
Openpilot has the right stuff but, open source systems are not engineered for industrial use and are to finicky.
Micropilot is also the right stuff but with a price.
We have be look for a common data link (CDL) system as-well, but the market needs more time.
Seeing some interesting possibilities but all are in the future for use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018