Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Play in inspire 1 arm

Reaction score
I noticed tonight there is play in one of my Inspire 1 arms the play is in the right hand side when facing the front of the drone, the left side is solid but the right side has play is this normal or not is my question?

Pretty common from what I have seen on these forums.
Of course, this depends on how much play there is...........

Pretty common from what I have seen on these forums.
Of course, this depends on how much play there is...........
okay so my question is thou is it supposed to be like this or is it supposed to be solid, I have seen videos on youtube of guys fixing it with a piece of rubber from a bicycle tube, but dont want to fix it with this route if its supposed to be this way

Thanks that was my theory too, shimmed it up tonight, rock solid now just used a piece of a bicycle tube plus the thin shim that was in there and shes solid now
Did you disconnect the landing gear strut (the thin arm) to make sure the main arm swivels freely with no binding/friction whatsoever?

I didn't do that but did put the battery in and raised and lowered the inspire seemed to go up and down ok

I didn't do that but did put the battery in and raised and lowered the inspire seemed to go up and down ok
You need to check there is no binding by disconnecting that smaller arm and rotating the larger one manually. If you do not and there is even a small amount of binding on either or both then you will burn out your landing gear servo.

Reactions: ted35 and Jussaguy
You need to check there is no binding by disconnecting that smaller arm and rotating the larger one manually. If you do not and there is even a small amount of binding on either or both then you will burn out your landing gear servo.
This is exactly what I was about to post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry