Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Please Critique My Real Estate Shoot.

Here's the shoot I was talking about. Im not finished with it yet, as the owners are trying to decide which realtor to list with, and I need to add their graphics in the close. But it gives an example of better lighting use. Im defiantly not the best, but I try and learn from others.... that's why we're all here right?... One of my lights went on the fritz while shooting, but the natural light did a decent job. I always try to shoot stuff like this during the Golden Hour. It just makes things appear warmer.

Here's the shoot I was talking about. Im not finished with it yet, as the owners are trying to decide which realtor to list with, and I need to add their graphics in the close. But it gives an example of better lighting use. Im defiantly not the best, but I try and learn from others.... that's why we're all here right?... One of my lights went on the fritz while shooting, but the natural light did a decent job. I always try to shoot stuff like this during the Golden Hour. It just makes things appear warmer.

Why are all the interior images so yellow? Did you have the camera in the wrong color balance setting?!

Ive been a professional commercial photographer for almost 40 years. That is where I'm coming from when I write this. Your aerial shots are very good to great with nice lighting and color temperature. The interior shots are very mixed with color temperature. If you have a window with daylight coming in then what you did is OK (bedroom, chair in study etc). Where you are lit 90% by tungsten light (Kitchen, hall way, bathroom etc) then go to your white balance setting put it on Tungsten and set it for 2800-3200 degrees Kelvin. Thus balancing it to the other room shots. Daylight is BLUE and 5200-6200 degrees Kelvin. Incandescent lights or anything listed as warm white are generally YELLOW light and thus 2800-3200 degrees kelvin. when you pan in the bedroom from the properly balanced bed and pan to the hallway that is yellow that is undesirable. Make your scene cut before you reach the hallway or replace the hall light bulbs with daylight bulbs. Most people viewing dont know why it is unsettling but not having the proper matched color temp throughout is a major no no. Warm is inviting and homey but inconsistency is not.
Hope this helps, if not then... please ignore my humble ramblings.

Steve

Would have been fun to see more videos, so you can get some inspiration. Since I ask, maybe I must set a good example.

My most fun and best work in 2019 which became the most viewed brokerage ad in Sweden for a few weeks.
Filmed with an Inspire 2 and mixed pictures together with the film clips.

Last edited:
Reactions: AerialPerceptions
Would have been fun to see more videos, so you can get some inspiration. Since I ask, maybe I must set a good example.

My most fun and best work in 2019 which became the most viewed brokerage ad in Sweden for a few weeks.
Filmed with an Inspire 2 and mixed pictures together with the film clips.

Great video! Love the combo of video and stills!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan