Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Please use BEMF as sonar for obstacle avoidance and make it return home at a foot above ground when it is too windy to RTH during signal loss.

Reaction score
Please use BEMF as sonar for obstacle avoidance and make it return home at a foot above ground when it is too windy to RTH during signal loss.
I am so sick of companies forcing me to spend hundreds extra on laser sensors for subpar obstacle avoidance when drones should be able to sense ripples in the air the same way that fish sense other fish swimming behind them, and dones being lost due to malicious/faulty operation of 5G or WiFi causing signal loss that leads to subpar AI crashing the drone.

Last edited:
I am an "idiot ham radio operator" and use my drone around transmitting hams fairly often. Never had a crash, and the only interference I've noticed was on the ham radio side, with 2 meter transmission being inhibited near the remote. I had to use a cross-band repeater so I could talk on UHF while operating the drone.

As for an automated drone RTH at a low altitude like 1 foot, please tell me you aren't serious. And you think Ham radio operators are idiots?

I am an "idiot ham radio operator" and use my drone around transmitting hams fairly often. Never had a crash, and the only interference I've noticed was on the ham radio side, with 2 meter transmission being inhibited near the remote. I had to use a cross-band repeater so I could talk on UHF while operating the drone.

As for an automated drone RTH at a low altitude like 1 foot, please tell me you aren't serious. And you think Ham radio operators are idiots?
I apologize for being disrespectful to the community. I meant operators who abused their equipment by deliberately focusing it on aircraft in-flight.
No, I'm not seriously thinking DJI can hire anyone smart enough to actually make a useful 3d pointcloud from sonar from back-EMF from the 4 extremely expensive and accurate motors and their accompanying controllers, and, if they have no such way to detect obstacles, then no, dropping altitude when wind speed is too high to RTH would not help. That is why I combined the two in one thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't HAM in a completely different frequency band???

A quick search seems to confirm my suspicions.

D

Sorry I didn't know the frequency wasn't adjustable. I will update the first post to fix this, but I do not see what it changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth