Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Plug And Play Thermal Camera Options For I2

What is the best thermal camera and gimbal for the i2. Plug and play
Since you have asked about the Inspire 2 I have moved this to the Inspire 2 section!
I have changed your thread title to something more descriptive than 'Thermal'
If you care to utilise the search function in the forum this has been asked and covered previously many times before.
To save you the onerous task of typing in a few words into the search bar and clicking a button I will save you the effort and answer your question:

Q: (quote) "What is the best thermal camera and gimbal for the i2. Plug and play"
A: None. They do not make one.

Unfortunately there is none! If there ever be one made by DJI or third party, they will be flying of the shelves considering the M210 is about $5K more then I2 and not all of us need to have 2 cameras mounted at the same time or waterproof option on the aircraft. Not to mention Us “little” guys can’t just shell $20K for ability to fly thermal.

Reactions: Fire928
Check with Ralph at fly high USA. They were working on something a while back but I haven't talked to him in a while

The zenmuse XT is nice ,but DJI is still working on an adapter for the I2 something about the cable is not compatible.
Where did you get this little nugget from?
Since the data streams are handled differently on the I2 (internally rather than in camera) I would be interested to know the source of this ‘information’

Where did you get this little nugget from?
Since the data streams are handled differently on the I2 (internally rather than in camera) I would be interested to know the source of this ‘information’

DJI Support
Thank you for contacting DJI. Rest assured that all your concern will be heard and not taken for granted.

We do understand that you are asking for a connection in order for us to connect the Zenumse XT into our Inspire 2. There's nothing to worry about since you already have me, we'll be in this together for sorting this out. I'll be more than willing to extend my assistance just to help you.

We would like to inform you that we do not have an adapter designed for the connection of Zenmuse XT for our Inspire 2 since it is only for Inspire 1 and Matrice series. We would like to inform you that we do not have the connection cable that supports our camera in our Inspire 2 unit. However, there's nothing to worry about since our Developers and engineers were continuing to develop a feature that will resolve our problem and they will also include it for future versions. Apologies since we cannot provide any specific timeframe for the update however, rest assured that it will be release at the soonest time. Please stay tune on our website for any updates and you will be updated as well once it's been released. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to develop cameras and drones.

Your cooperation and understanding will be much appreciated on this matter.

If you have any inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you and have a great day! Cheers! May you have a prosperous new year!

DJI Support
Thank you for contacting DJI. Rest assured that all your concern will be heard and not taken for granted.

We do understand that you are asking for a connection in order for us to connect the Zenumse XT into our Inspire 2. There's nothing to worry about since you already have me, we'll be in this together for sorting this out. I'll be more than willing to extend my assistance just to help you.

We would like to inform you that we do not have an adapter designed for the connection of Zenmuse XT for our Inspire 2 since it is only for Inspire 1 and Matrice series. We would like to inform you that we do not have the connection cable that supports our camera in our Inspire 2 unit. However, there's nothing to worry about since our Developers and engineers were continuing to develop a feature that will resolve our problem and they will also include it for future versions. Apologies since we cannot provide any specific timeframe for the update however, rest assured that it will be release at the soonest time. Please stay tune on our website for any updates and you will be updated as well once it's been released. Thank you for your understanding as we continue to develop cameras and drones.

Don’t hold your breath.
This was spoken about over 14 months ago but DJI has made a conscious desicion not to alienate/crossover from their Enterprise solutions.
This is not just a technical hurdle but a marketing one as well.
This is most definitely not up their list of ‘to do’ items.

Reactions: slim.slamma
DJI Support

I can’t believe they told you that gossip
Coming Soon fake Rasta must be blazing in the office

I recently completed a thermal certification class and I was the only student that flies the I2. Class discussion revealed that DJI did not produce the I2 to do thermal work so DJI likely won't produce anything that's I2 / thermal related.

I did finally find a company (not in the Netherlands) that sells an "upgrade kit" and your pick of either the Flir Vue Pro 336 9mm or 640 13mm.

The company is DSLRPros. The kit sells for $2,999 and the cameras run mid $2G to mid $3G depending on what specs you want.

Anybody have experience with this company / set up? No reviews were posted on their website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop