Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Poll: Who is suffering GPS Loss/Drop into Atti mode along with gimbal flick?

Who is suffering GPS Loss/Momentary drop into Atti Mode during Transformation?

• GPS Loss/Atti happens along with gimbal flick ONLY during transformation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Thought I would start a quick poll as there seems to be a common problem with the Inspire suffered by many users.

Some are suffering both Loss of GPS or rather a drop into Atti mode during transformation along with the documented gimbal flick whilst this is happening.

Others seem to suffer only a sporadic gimbal flick whilst GPS holds fine.

There is also a combination of some or none of the above.

Could users please fill in the poll to report to DJI?

Thanks

Mine happens both ways, sometimes it loses GPS for a second and the gimbal flicks and sometimes it doesn't lose gps and the horizon gets way off then slowly fades back. It only happens on some flights for some reasons. A few times I've had trouble going through the second step of compass calibration and it seems worse then. My last flight it didn't happen at all. Also not sure if it has anything to do with this but my last flight where it didn't happen at all was ~30 degrees fahrenheit with no winds where the ones where it was worse was more like 20 degrees fahrenheit (maybe colder with windchill) and slightly windy.

Nevertheless I have still got some great clips and am pretty happy with my inspire. At this point I'd rather keep filming with it and getting footage hoping there might be a firmware fix than send it in to be repaired for a month.

Mine happens both ways, sometimes it loses GPS for a second and the gimbal flicks and sometimes it doesn't lose gps and the horizon gets way off then slowly fades back. It only happens on some flights for some reasons. A few times I've had trouble going through the second step of compass calibration and it seems worse then. My last flight it didn't happen at all. Also not sure if it has anything to do with this but my last flight where it didn't happen at all was ~30 degrees fahrenheit with no winds where the ones where it was worse was more like 20 degrees fahrenheit (maybe colder with windchill) and slightly windy.

Nevertheless I have still got some great clips and am pretty happy with my inspire. At this point I'd rather keep filming with it and getting footage hoping there might be a firmware fix than send it in to be repaired for a month.

+1

Almost identical experience and I'm also hoping for a firmware upgrade prior to an RMA process. I am already in discussion with DJI tech support should it need to be escalated. (Log files and video sent for review Feb 5th, awaiting reply)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds