Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Price Drop for the Inspire 1?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a phantom 2 and in the process of qualifying to work commercially with the UK's CAA. I am currently considering the Inspire 1 as I feel the kit looks more professional and would feel more comfortable producing this product to a client over the phantom as it looks too much like a toy.

I just don't want to buy the Inspire and find it drops in price within the next month! Hoping to purchase in the next few weeks, wandered if anyone knew about a potential price drop?

Thanks in advance!

I would say Dji will not be dropping the price as they are in such hi demand. You may get a secondhand one, I did so saved a few hundred and it had only flown for 7 minutes.

Thanks for the replies so far. I heard there were rumours (on this forum) that dealers were being tipped to prepare for price drop. I personally want the Inspire whether or not the price drops, as I think it's a great machine. It's just that my boss is paying for the item and taking my word that the drone is worth the money. I don't want to then find the price has plummeted and look like I didn't carefully consider the options properly and wasting his money.

Fingers crossed for a price drop by May!

I would say Dji will not be dropping the price as they are in such hi demand. You may get a secondhand one, I did so saved a few hundred and it had only flown for 7 minutes.

Hi Demand? I talked to one dealer east coast dealer yesterday who had 43 in stock. I'm on the verge of buying one and he said not to worry we have plenty in stock. Guess they aren't moving so well now with the announcement of the P3. I'm guessing a price drop within the next month or so. Dealers just can't afford to have that kind of stock sitting around

Hi Demand? I talked to one dealer east coast dealer yesterday who had 43 in stock. I'm on the verge of buying one and he said not to worry we have plenty in stock. Guess they aren't moving so well now with the announcement of the P3. I'm guessing a price drop within the next month or so. Dealers just can't afford to have that kind of stock sitting around

Pure speculation and/or wishful thinking.

Again, for umpteenth time, the P3 and Inspire 1 are two completely different animals. One is a race horse, the other is a zebra.

Yeah pretty much...if there is going to be a price drop (and I would anticipate one around May or June, if it happens) It won't plummet

Again, for umpteenth time, the P3 and Inspire 1 are two completely different animals. One is a race horse, the other is a zebra.

Your opinion...and it could very well price drop...unless you work for DJI's marketing team you don't know what they have planned for the Inspire...it's all purely based on whether or not they are selling well.

Your opinion...and it could very well price drop...unless you work for DJI's marketing team you don't know what they have planned for the Inspire...it's all purely based on whether or not they are selling well.

Nor do you. I repeat, any statements made by anyone, other than an official from DJI, that a price drop is imminent for the Inspire 1 is pure speculation and nothing more.

Reactions: skylabimaging

Your 100% correct, its pure speculation on my part. Time will tell and only DJI will know the numbers they are selling from each unit. And we all know selling units is what makes companies grow.

I recently sold my P2+ and have joined this forum with intent of buying i1. I am going to buy from Amazon and use a vendor that will not charge me tax. I really thought about the P3, but you guys really convinced me the i1 is the machine for me!

I my self own a phantom vision2 -vision 2 plus V3 and an inspire 1 I love them all . I WAS GOING TO order a p3 professional until I saw inside and see they changed the main board and incorporated the speed controls into it . It's a cheap way out now if you tip over say and burn up a speed controller there is no way for the DIY to replace just one the whole board has to be replaced ..Inspire 1 is not coming down in price in my opinion and now that the firm ware is solid it's really worth the money ..I waited until this week to fly mine for the first time in 4 months of ownership and man was I pleased with it ..

I my self own a phantom vision2 -vision 2 plus V3 and an inspire 1 I love them all . I WAS GOING TO order a p3 professional until I saw inside and see they changed the main board and incorporated the speed controls into it . It's a cheap way out now if you tip over say and burn up a speed controller there is no way for the DIY to replace just one the whole board has to be replaced ..Inspire 1 is not coming down in price in my opinion and now that the firm ware is solid it's really worth the money ..I waited until this week to fly mine for the first time in 4 months of ownership and man was I pleased with it ..

So you didn't feel it was safe to fly for the last 4 months until the latest update????

Yes that's how I felt .. the bird was awesome but I was reading to much stuff and watching videos where it was dropping GPS for 20 sec and then reconnecting and to me that was instability and recipe for disaster as my phantoms never did any of that and have always performed awesome and if you pay 3 the price for a upgrade model it should not be flawed so I felt they rushed it to market about 3 months to early so I stayed patient I knew they had to fix it or there reputation would have tanked . .I flew 2 batteries in GPS yesterday and one in attitude mode yesterday it was flawless

My next bird will be a Hubsan x4 pro high edition with parachute and ground station controller with 7000 mah 3s lipo as DJI is now starting to put to many limitations and less choice for how we want to fly ..not that I go above 275-380 ft where I live but capping my flight attitude to 500 meters is not a feature I'm happy with ..some places I go on vacations I want to soar like a bird

I recently sold my P2+ and have joined this forum with intent of buying i1. I am going to buy from Amazon and use a vendor that will not charge me tax. I really thought about the P3, but you guys really convinced me the i1 is the machine for me!

Hi Jerry. Congrats on the decision. Forgive me for interjecting, but I would respectfully encourage you to shop locally. I'm all for saving money any way I can, but keeping your dollars local benefits your community. I'm fortunate to live within a reasonable drive of a licensed dealer, 1uas.com. They are not small, but they are local. Their support is great and my business helps keep them open.

Cheers

Look at any major tech consumer product and it will run on some sort of "product cycle". My guess (and it's just a guess) is that the I1 will be dropped in price alongside a camera upgrade. The I1 with the original camera will receive the price drop and the I1 with the new camera will maintain the existing price. Then DJI will cycle the upgrades dropping off the oldest variation, exactly like Apple with their products.

Reactions: skylabimaging
What new camera should we be expecting .

No idea ... I'm just guessing. I would expect that a camera with detachable M4:3 lenses would be a good possibility though.

Looking at what DJI have done (by effectively removing detachable cameras from their Phantom range and killing off the Vision+) they have moved the detachable camera option onto a higher price point (the Inspire). This is clever, in my opinion as it adds a distinction to the different ranges. Professional or enthusiast users are more likely to be interested in the flexibility that you can get from choosing different cameras (and maybe lenses) if that's something that does indeed happen.

Ask yourself this, why did DJI make the camera and gimbal modular on the Inspire1 - there can be only two reasons: replacing broken cameras, or future upgrades, surely? I think future upgrades is good business, if you consider that maybe 50% of Inspire owners might buy them, especially if it's priced at a similar price point to the new Black Magic mini at ~£999, which I think is quite feasible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa