Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pricing for a "typical" real estate shoot

Reaction score
A "typical" real estate shoot for me includes:

- Exterior only
- About 20 edited still photos
- A 2-3 edited video with music

And I charge $450 for this package. What do you charge and what is your typical package?

Where do you get music from? Starting my company soon and I am curious what type of music fits for real estate videos. I'm likely going to charge closer to $100 for my first few jobs to get my name and service out there

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

A "typical" real estate shoot for me includes:

- Exterior only
- About 20 edited still photos
- A 2-3 edited video with music

And I charge $450 for this package. What do you charge and what is your typical package?
Why don't you discuss this in the certified pilots or industry real estate section?

450 for all that, including music rights is on the cheap side in my view BTW. But we all know real estate brokers are cheap, so can't blame you.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Where do you get music from? Starting my company soon and I am curious what type of music fits for real estate videos. I'm likely going to charge closer to $100 for my first few jobs to get my name and service out there

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

So you have your music for totally free I guess? I have, but that's because I'm a composer and I have a recording studio. But my clients pay at least 200 bucks for a tailored tune and limited rights. And that's on top of the rest of course.

I wouldn't hire anybody claiming to be professional for that pocket money. I simply wouldn't believe it.
That 100 bucks is already spent on your preparation if you're doing a serious job. Sorry, let's get real (estate).

So you have your music for totally free I guess? I have, but that's because I'm a composer and I have a recording studio. But my clients pay at least 200 bucks for a tailored tune and limited rights. And that's on top of the rest of course.

I wouldn't hire anybody claiming to be professional for that pocket money. I simply wouldn't believe it.
That 100 bucks is already spent on your preparation if you're doing a serious job. Sorry, let's get real (estate).

I did not say $100 exactly, I just said closer to $100 from $450. I'll be honest I'm just making that up as of now because I don't know what I will be able to get out of real estate in my area, and that is indeed assuming I can get access to free music that works well with the videos.

I did not say $100 exactly, I just said closer to $100 from $450. I'll be honest I'm just making that up as of now because I don't know what I will be able to get out of real estate in my area, and that is indeed assuming I can get access to free music that works well with the videos.

I respect your honesty. I have been in the same boat. Most of us.

However, be very careful with 'free music'. There is no such thing in this world. When you make a buck out of anything, suddenly it turns out your music wasn't as free as you thought it was......

I am in that business. Trust me.

In my area, realtors won't even pay $100 for drone shots for a private property listing that's under $700,000. $300 is a more realistic price (at least in my area) for private property that's $700,000 to $1M, property above that you should negotiate with the realtor. In some cases you can get more business by doing it for a percentage of the selling price, but you have to wait for the sale to get paid. But you'd be getting the work and the realtor doesn't have to pay out of pocket.

I've found there's just not enough work in private real estate. I stick with commercial property. I work with many builders in my area to get an entire development for a single (secret) price. Of course I offer things in my videos that others (at least in my area) can't do (like rotoscoping to green up grass, remove power lines and towers and just make things look better).

Once the price is set at $100 that will become the norm. It happens to all the professional photographers that freelanced. The digital camera and photoshop allowed amateurs to reset the pricing that makes it hard to be profitable.

Charge your full rate $250, then offer a New Business Building Discount to encourage clients. 50% off for "New Clients" your tax pro can then deduct that discount as a marketing expense. Thus your client feels like they're getting a better deal and you create a perceived value for your product that is critical to a new industry. You can also offer Net 30/60 offers. Any agent that thinks they can close in a fast hot market may take you up on a delayed payment. All offers are designed to get them comfortable with the product, reduce the risk, create a relationship.

Always value yourself!

do not charge to cheap... once cheap... it would be hard to rise up the price.. please consider the risk you are taking ... and ur investment and ur skill.. you are deserved more... i charge minumun of usd 350... for just video..

There are some sites that allow the use if you give them credit in the closing credits. But if you work with a real estate company they usually have a few tracks they have bought and use over and over. Get their music when you do work with them and use it. They are more than happy to use their own.

And yes, real estate companies are very cheap when it comes to paying for quality aerial photos and video!

Pricing is a bit subjective to location for sure.

I would never ever do a $100 job to even get my name out there. Once you do, you set the price they expect regardless. Plus it hampers others in the industry. $100 does not even cover my in studio price for full editing.

My prices are a set flat contract price for starters. Then they pay for the total minutes of use of the motors of my drones. I call it "PPMU" fee which is "Price Per Minute Use" and it is a set dollar amount per minute. Most basic shoots never go over 20 minutes. Then like I stated, there is a editing rate which is flat. If they just wish to have raw footage, and for certain industries it saves a client money like power companies and the such. Because a utilities company really does not need edited footage for a line inspection or tower inspection.

Most of my contracts run $450-$600 per mission. This includes $1 million in liability per hour. However, most never run more than 20 minutes of actual flight.

Last edited:
Why don't you discuss this in the certified pilots or industry real estate section?

450 for all that, including music rights is on the cheap side in my view BTW. But we all know real estate brokers are cheap, so can't blame you.

lake_flyer... do you have examples of your work???

Like others, I wouldn't do a $100 job. If there is a question about your price you can offer to fly the gig and show them low def "proofs" and the customer can chose to pay or hunt for someone else. No risk for them other than time and as long as you're worth your beans, your product will deliver and they will pay. That said, I don't care for residential RE jobs. They are considerable work and take a good amount of time in post production to deliver a product. I've never shot a residential gig that didn't take at least 8 hours of work even though I got paid more like 4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool