Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with return to home

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with return to home? I'm getting random results regardless of whether I choose craft position or RC position. Most of the time it just lands where it is...

If you re flying within 20m of your pre recorded home position, then the i1 would descend at it's present position...

Due to weather conditions and other factors, I have not yet been able to try RTH. Can someone tell me what happens if you initiate it outside of the 20m range? Where does the Inspire land, at the edge of the 20m radius or very close to its true home position? Also, does it go to the programmed RTH altitude regardless of the distance it has to cover?

outside de 20m range, it shall fly back to the recorded position with a decent precision.

Due to weather conditions and other factors, I have not yet been able to try RTH. Can someone tell me what happens if you initiate it outside of the 20m range? Where does the Inspire land, at the edge of the 20m radius or very close to its true home position? Also, does it go to the programmed RTH altitude regardless of the distance it has to cover?

I've had RTH activated twice, once because I got out of range (about 1400M).. second because I physically activated it.

The first time, when it got out of range, I also lost video feed about the same time so that was a very anxious 30 seconds or so.. As soon as it came back into video feed range though I got my bearings and took over control.

When I activated RTH from the remote (around 1000M away) I come all the way back in RTH and all but land itself and it was easily within 5 feet of the original takeoff point..

One thing to note.. RTH speed is VERY VERY SLOW!!! If I had to guess I would say its 25% OF its full speed (ATTI) capabilities.

Have not tried RC position.....

Done all RTH now - aircraft and RC (over 20m from home set point) but also did several RC shut down RTH today - that is, turn off the RC! It's scary but works a treat. You should try them all...

i have tried many tests with dynamic home point and as long as YOU are over 65ft. away from your original point it works every time so far. less than that and it flys to the original home point that was acquired.

Is anyone here having issues setting rth altitude? pilot app crashes each time I try to set it and it won't save...android running kit Kat latest version of flight app (2014 note 10.1)

What did I do wrong? While finishing a video survey of some land with abandoned buildings and smoke chimneys I encountered a flyaway condition. I did the full pre-flight including compass dance (calibration), manual takeoff, confirmed home point was set. Fail safe was set at 100 meters, 300 ft for 200 foot smoke stacks. After 10 minutes of flying normally and as expected, 0 wind sunny day, and taping, I climbed to preset ceiling limit 130 meters for wide shot which was confirmed by the voice of the app. Then pressed RTH on RC while at 390 ft..

I1 immediately went into climb, broke through 400 foot limit set earlier. I watched altimeter go up as I1 began to disappear. I tried full down on the stick and no response. At about 830 feet I canceled the RTH command on the app screen (red X with "cancel" over the RTH button). It appeared to drift away when I realized later it was my stick input the wrong way. (Reviewed flight log which I have showing climb right after RTH.) Pressed the RTH on the app for second recall and it thankfully began to descend. I thought it was a goner watching the altimeter race away like a fly away. Not what I expected. Now afraid of fail safes.

Question1) if I set fail safe to 0, on RTH does the bird hold existing altitude and then land? Or 2) does it fly a straight line at a diagonal from the start point in the sky directly down and over to the home point?

Looking for some soap to soak my shorts after this experience while awaiting your answers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth