Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop alignment - Inspire 2

Such a chart or data sheet will probably never be seen outside of a DJI factory or repair shop.
I keep hearing that there is some special calibration jig somewhere that they use to set them.
Here's what I go by, this is a picture of how mine lines up.
xxxis.jpg
Props need to clear the bracket that the obstacle avoidance sensors are on, obviously.
Inspire 1 was very similar.
Personally, I think there is no special jig. I think they just put on props then sight them to the center just above nose cover screws.

Here are some additional shots that show alignment in landing mode, alignment in flight mode, and a case of misalignment. Unfortunately we can't share any schematic but these show alignment pretty well. There is a special fixture used to align motor arms (unfortunately it cannot be shared).

Proper alignment in landing mode:

Inspire 2 Propeller Alignment.JPG

Proper alignment in flight mode:

Inspire 2 Propeller Alignment - Flight Mode.JPG

Here is an aircraft with arms that require calibration on the alignment fixture:

Inspire 2 Propeller Misalignment.JPG

Thank you for sharing the pictures. So the props are parallel to the ground or is there a +-5 degree camber?

So my alignment is off in the landing position by over a 1/4 inch. I aligned it in the flight position for now and will test when the weather permits.
I previously had done the alignment with the gear down, I was experiencing a slight drift, so this may fix that.
I may have to end up finding someone local with an alignment tool.

It's worth noting some on found the the screw on the transforming clamp was bottoming out and as such the clamp was not gripping the splines allowing the arm to move.

If you find this it could be worth using a smaller screw or putting a washer behind it.

Alternatively it's a warranty issue.

Reactions: cvanhoose
It's worth noting some on found the the screw on the transforming clamp was bottoming out and as such the clamp was not gripping the splines allowing the arm to move.

If you find this it could be worth using a smaller screw or putting a washer behind it.

Alternatively it's a warranty issue.

Thank you.
The arm are locked but there is a small amount of play within that lock. I’m going to look for some small washers today as it does feel as the screws are bottoming out.

Reactions: Garygib6
Can someone please confirm for me that both landing and flying positions of the gear are of equal pitch?
My landing mode is off by a 1/4” after adjusting the pitch in the flying mode. There seems to be no medium for me.
Thank you in advance.
Chris

Can someone please confirm for me that both landing and flying positions of the gear are of equal pitch?
My landing mode is off by a 1/4” after adjusting the pitch in the flying mode. There seems to be no medium for me.
Thank you in advance.
Chris

I will check mine when I get in, I know my landing mode positions are the same but have not checked in flight up.

So just so I understand what your saying when you adjust it in landing mode so it's correct it's out with the gear up ?

Reactions: cvanhoose
I will check mine when I get in, I know my landing mode positions are the same but have not checked in flight up.

So just so I understand what your saying when you adjust it in landing mode so it's correct it's out with the gear up ?

Yes that is correct, thank you.

Ok checked on the ground and both basically line up correctly, transformed and IMO looking from the front the LH side prop is pointing higher than the right, I need to look into this more but from looking quickly I'm sure that they are not aligning, now this may by completely correct as DJI have used some funny motor angles in the passed on the phantoms ect.

I would set it on the ground and not worry a minute.

Ok checked on the ground and both basically line up correctly, transformed and IMO looking from the front the LH side prop is pointing higher than the right, I need to look into this more but from looking quickly I'm sure that they are not aligning, now this may by completely correct as DJI have used some funny motor angles in the passed on the phantoms ect.

I would set it on the ground and not worry a minute.

Thank you for checking.
I performed tests with both alignments set in landing mode and then in flying mode.
With the props aligned in the flying mode, the bird is very stable.
When aligned in the landing position, the bird has a slight drift to the right when heading straight and I notice is not hovering as stable.
I am going to perform some more tests tomorrow.
The bird flies great either way, I am just on a mission for fine tuning.

I went for several flights this morning over Miami waters. The bird is flying great. I ended up sticking with aligning the props in flight mode.
My drift is gone and hovering seems to be more stable.

Reactions: Advexure
Reviving an old post. I am in the process of changing my arm on the Inspire 2. Anyone have any tips for how to align the props , in landing mode- would a good indication be having the feet perfectly flat on a level surface? Any measurements or insight would be helpful. I don’t think the other arm is misaligned, so maybe try and match them together and see what happens. Other than that disassembly was surprisingly not too difficult

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
So my alignment is off in the landing position by over a 1/4 inch. I aligned it in the flight position for now and will test when the weather permits.
I previously had done the alignment with the gear down, I was experiencing a slight drift, so this may fix that.
I may have to end up finding someone local with an alignment tool.

How do you put it in flying position?

Reviving an old post. I am in the process of changing my arm on the Inspire 2. Anyone have any tips for how to align the props , in landing mode- would a good indication be having the feet perfectly flat on a level surface? Any measurements or insight would be helpful. I don’t think the other arm is misaligned, so maybe try and match them together and see what happens. Other than that disassembly was surprisingly not too difficult
Hey MRaymond, did you find any specific measurements to go by or did you simply use the photos posted earlier in this thread?
Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74