Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

prop balancer for quick release Props

The mainshaft out of a Align trex 450 helicopter works perfectly and you can get three for $7.99. Hardened steel and very very precise. Rolls true and smooth in balancer!

Reactions: Carlsberg
The mainshaft out of a Align trex 450 helicopter works perfectly and you can get three for $7.99. Hardened steel and very very precise. Rolls true and smooth in balancer!

I'm just curious how you attach the prop?

My shafts are 3mm dia. precision ground tool steel
.0005 tolerance and heat treated to 57 rockwell hardness after cutting. Tips are precision cut for a perfect fit with an +/- half a thousandths of an inch.
During my early designing and testing I would rough out prop balancers on a small bench top lathe . Any balancer or tip that was more tha 5 thousandths out would not give a consistent reading.
I have seen post where someone used tape, Folks have ask me if this will work ? I tell them to rotate the prop 1/4 turn on the taped up tip after you think its balanced , Prop will show a new heavy spot ! Why ??? because it has to be perfectly centered to work correctly.

Last edited:
The shaft just pushes into the prop and fits quite snug. You can try turning the prop on the shaft and get the same results every time.
For what it's worth the 32 qr props i have balanced have all been perfect anyway!

Reactions: Carlsberg

I have those laying about for sure, thx :)

The shaft just pushes into the prop and fits quite snug. You can try turning the prop on the shaft and get the same results every time.
For what it's worth the 32 qr props i have balanced have all been perfect anyway!
during testing I found one out of four new props to be out of balance & seems to be in line with the reports I get back from customers .
You are a perfect candidate for testing one of my balancers , PM your address and I will ship you one for free. Just Post what you think about it

during testing I found one out of four new props to be out of balance & seems to be in line with the reports I get back from customers .
You are a perfect candidate for testing one of my balancers , PM your address and I will ship you one for free. Just Post what you think about it
I thought you just found this balancer on ebay and was sharing with others on this forum.
If I had realised you were the person making and selling these I would have never posted what I use to balance props!
Please accept my humble apology! I in no way wanted to take away from the great product you made for the guys in the inspire community! Nice job...keep up the great work your doing to better this hobby!

Reactions: PB30X and crashburn
I thought you just found this balancer on ebay and was sharing with others on this forum.
If I had realised you were the person making and selling these I would have never posted what I use to balance props!
Please accept my humble apology! I in no way wanted to take away from the great product you made for the guys in the inspire community! Nice job...keep up the great work your doing to better this hobby!
Thanks ibflyen , No problem that’s what this board is all about , Will still send you a prop balancer if you want to try one . I cannot even begin to explain the rewarding satisfaction I get from customer reviews or emails after using my prop balancers. They are amazed at how much smoother there drone flies , video quality is greatly improved or how steady it now hover’s !! I always invite people to read my customer reviews on Amazon or eBay.
EJ

If EJ doesn't put it up on ebay again I see that carolinadronz.com carries his balancer shaft.

Hey EJ,
I found you on Amazon. I just placed my order.
Thanks so much for making this much needed item. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth