Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop Guards?

Reaction score
Website
www.jonathanivy.com
Do you think they will come out with some sort of a prop guard system? If the inspire is capable of flying indoors and the props transition so high above the camera I think prop guards could actually be very useful on the Inspire. What do you think?

I've found the strangest thing about prop guards on my P2V+... I get more props chewed up with them on than off!

Prop guards give you a false sense of security I think. Better to just practice and become a good enough pilot to where you won't need them. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Yeah but my question is more of a safety issue while flying indoors. The inspire is easier to fly indoors, so that means we can fly then in tight spaces where prop guards could be highly beneficial. I think they are awful on Phantoms. I used mine maybe twice before chunking them, but the way the inspire is built prop guards could be really nice.

Prop guards give you a false sense of security I think. Better to just practice and become a good enough pilot to where you won't need them. Just my opinion of course.

How much safer, I'm not sure, But it gives spectators/clients a sense of increased safety....which is good.

I need them to be detachable, otherwise the case requirements gets even larger.

I wonder if prop guard would actually lessen injury (ever so slightly) in the event of a loss of control and inadvertent contact with a person.

We're considering making the guards for I1. There are many mounting options available. We flew it in our warehouse and it bumped into our tall racks and crashed. What i'm really thinking is some kind of "bush guards" that will fend off the tree branches at first contact. it'd be made like a cylinder instead of a flat guard. We'll see how it goes. It'd definitely be removable.

This is awesome. Perfect for flying indoors.
The one we're making is a full circle and quick-release. More for safety around people and the guard has an up wall that will fully enclose the prop.

This is awesome. Perfect for flying indoors.
The one we're making is a full circle and quick-release. More for safety around people and the guard has an up wall that will fully enclose the prop.

Great. Can you give me/us screenshot?

I want to buy this. Would LOVE inspire 1 prop guards. When a model is finished for sale let me know a price and I'll definitely get a set, in black if available. That is a hella tight design. Bookmarking this thread.

Hi Gogowanda, any update re the pics yet... would be very interested in getting a set of these from you if they work out ok. Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry