Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop Locks?

The Phantom does not have the same propellers. The Phantom has 9" props and the Inspire has 13" props.

They also have MUCH bigger threads - I always thought the Inspire spindles looked a bit small for such large blades and so the 'grip' area of that thread would be small.

Oh dear god... It still astounds me how Americans don't grasp sarcasm !!:D

Yes guys... I was joking when I said DJI's prop lock is Threadlock :rolleyes:

There are extreme situations that the esc motor breaking could cause the props to come loose and potentially come off. It is rare and DJI is being proactive in bring it to users attention. I have not experienced this but a few users have. I would advise that you follow DJI's recommendation if you are concerned. I have flown after this notification but I am paid to fly and it is my responsibility if something happens. It is a personal choice.

Does anyone have a propeller on-hand that they can post a picture of? Does it have a thread all the way through or is it capped off at the top of the propeller similar to the Phantom Original?

The props are capped off at the top. I wonder how the prop lock is designed and how it works?

Right I've read this thread with interest, is it the v2 threads that are causing the issue of them flying off or is it the v1? I have the V1....

1. The V1 self-tightening props can come loose with hard flying, so DJI have the "prop locks", small plastic locks that prevent any further un-doing.
2. I have had a prop come off my Phantom 3 on my 3rd flight and crashed badly because I believed the "self-tightening" myth that instills false confidence. My mistake for not tightening the Phantom props tight enough
3. Inspire props have more inertia than Phantoms because they are bigger and heavier thats why no pop locks on phantoms.
4. Some people don't like the Quick Release props on the Inspire 1 V2 so have removed the setup (a few small screws) and gone back to the original self-tightening props with prop locks.
5. You may have difficulty finding the old self-tightening props but DJI still have them. I got some the other day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters