Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop source and looking for carbon fiber info.

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys and gals. I recently acquired a Inspire 2. I have a spare set of props but would like to pick up another set of 4. What is a good source since DJI website says props are are out of stock.

Second what advantage do carbon fiber props have over standard props? I have never used carbon fiber props on either my Mavic 2 or Phantom 4 pro v2.0.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I have a question for you guys and gals. I recently acquired a Inspire 2. I have a spare set of props but would like to pick up another set of 4. What is a good source since DJI website says props are are out of stock.

Second what advantage do carbon fiber props have over standard props? I have never used carbon fiber props on either my Mavic 2 or Phantom 4 pro v2.0.
Thanks in advance.
Personally I prefer using the Tmotor CF winglet folding props and I’ve been using them for years. They’re stronger and easier to use than the stock props. I don’t have to fool around with installing and uninstalling the stock props every time I fly.
After you install them the first time you’re done!

Thanks in advance.
Hello… My experience with carbon fiber accessories has been with my Inspire 2. I installed carbon fiber blades from the T-Motor brand and within the catalog on their website I did not find directly for the Inspire 2, I made inquiries in the customer service section and they explained to me that in these cases the blades are personalized. I ordered them after 1 month and they were in my possession, they are folding blades, just like the Mavic ones. My first experience was not very good, since I noticed too much vibration in the motors and therefore in the arms of the Inspire 2, which made me give up using them...with a lot of frustration. I found out on the web if this was normal or there was something that I had missed or missed and I found the Mads Tech YouTube channel and I consulted him about these vibrations, his answer was that the blades must be totally free at the point where are fixed to the support of the same, they must move freely. I made adjustments to the attachment points of the blades by skipping the bolts and fixing them with liquid to lock (low effort) in case in the future I need to adjust the clearance of the blades again. The vibration is gone, the motors and arms do not vibrate at all and the lift and flight of my Inspire 2 is totally smooth. Benefits: the speed in being able to put your Inspire into flight since the blades are installed directly on the motors, they fold up so much to store your Inspire in the suitcase or when you are going to fly it and on the other hand, the sound of the propellers was reduced when the drone is hovering or flying. I hope this information helps you make your decision. Greetings.

Thanks in advance.
I have used carbon props a couple times on a couple different drones - and I presently have a set on my Inspire 1 that I fly every week. I honestly see no advantage to the carbon props. The disadvantage is they are stiffer, which seems to net a "stiffer" flight, if you know what I mean. Also, they're very unforgiving if you happen to catch them on a wall or door or something as you're moving the drone around. The OEM props have a forgiving, bending nature to them. The carbon fiber props are more like spears, getting caught and stuck on everything they touch. That honestly drives me quite mad.

And then there's the cost. I think my carbon fiber set was like $160. That's $40 per prop. The only reason I have them on my Inspire is because it was purchased that way. I almost crapped my pants when I saw how much it was to purchase a spare set. Unfortunately, unlike the Inspire 2, the Inspire 1 props are discontinued. So I just bit the bullet and purchased the spare carbon fiber set.

Worth mentioning also...these carbon fiber props are also unforgiving against human skin. God forbid you should have some kind of accident. These carbon fiber props are like little knives. If I were flying anywhere near people, I would definitely change these out for OEM props. I'm just fortunate that my work keeps me far from civilians.

That's my 2 cents.

D

Personally I prefer using the Tmotor CF winglet folding props and I’ve been using them for years. They’re stronger and easier to use than the stock props. I don’t have to fool around with installing and uninstalling the stock props every time I fly.
After you install them the first time you’re done!

TMotor winglets all the way. Inspire is faster and a bit quieter as well. Give Michael a call over at Florida Drone Supplies. They can hook you up with a set.

Reactions: number0987

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian