Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question when going from a Phantom 3 to an Inspire on my iPad Mini

Reaction score
I'm going from a Phantom 3 to an Inspire and I wondering if I need to delete and reinstall my DJI app on my iPad Mini 2? I ask this because I'm sure the app has stored all my P3's settings within the app itself and I don't know if those settings will bother my Inspire? I would assume the app will know its a different aircraft but I want to ask the pros in this forum.

I'm going from a Phantom 3 to an Inspire and I wondering if I need to delete and reinstall my DJI app on my iPad Mini 2? I ask this because I'm sure the app has stored all my P3's settings within the app itself and I don't know if those settings will bother my Inspire? I would assume the app will know its a different aircraft but I want to ask the pros in this forum.

Don't worry, the preferences are aircraft specific and are actually stored on the aircraft.
This is why you see some values change or greyed out once the aircraft is connected.

Perfect thanks. One more question: How stable is the current firmware on these aircrafts? I ask this because I realize newer software doesn't always mean better software. I only had my Phantom 3 for a short time but I was always afraid of updating the bird's firmware for the previous mentioned reason. Needless to say the bird flew rock solid without a single issue.

Should I have that same mindset with the Inspire or is it safe to use the newest firmware?

Sometimes the newest is NOT the best as you mentioned. That being said, this particular firmware that is available to the regular users seems to be pretty stable and has been out for a little bit. I have run it with no issues since it was released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa