Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Quick release plates

Reaction score
Bought a used Inspire 2 a few weeks ago. Very pleased with the performance, just one thing that bugs me and thats the wobbly propellers. A quick google search and its clear that this is a common issue.
Since I bought a used Inspire I like to replace both the propellers and the quick relese plates since, just to be sure that those things are in good condition. Hopefully it will also minimaze the wobbly propellers.
I have searched the internet for some guideline regarding installation of new Quick release plates. Dont find anything releted to Inspire 2. I cant get the old quick release plates of the motor. I manage to un-screw one out of four. But the screws on the remaining three motors wont move. And Im affraid I will ruin the screw if I apply more force.

Anyone that have replaced the Quick release plates on Inspire 2 and can provide some suggestions on how to remove the screws? I tried to heat them, but it didnt do any difference (maybe I applied to little heat)

From what I have read, you should apply a soldering iron to the screw for a while & then try to remove them.

This will melt the locktite and make it much easier.

Reactions: AndersE
I used a heat gun rather than a soldering iron. I only had to leave it on for about 30 seconds and then the loctite loosened and they screws came right out. And I replaced the stock props with Tmotor CF folding winglet propellers that I purchased from Florida Drone Supply and now I don’t have to deal with taking them on and off every time I wanna fly.

I used a heat gun rather than a soldering iron. I only had to leave it on for about 30 seconds and then the loctite loosened and they screws came right out. And I replaced the stock props with Tmotor CF folding winglet propellers that I purchased from Florida Drone Supply and now I don’t have to deal with taking them on and off every time I wanna fly.

I tried with a heat gun but it didn't help. Probably I didn't had it on long enough. I was a bit afraid that I would damage something in the motor since everything gets heated and not just the screw.
I haven't tried the soldering iron yet, still waiting for brand new mounting plates to be delivered.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I tried with a heat gun but it didn't help. Probably I didn't had it on long enough. I was a bit afraid that I would damage something in the motor since everything gets heated and not just the screw.
I haven't tried the soldering iron yet, still waiting for brand new mounting plates to be delivered.
I wrapped a rag around the motor to protect it and I kept the heat gun on it for about 1 minute and then the screws came out easily. If you direct the heat gun specifically onto the screws then it’ll work.
But I imagine the soldering iron would work also. Whatever it takes!

If I were you I would get rid of the stock propellers and replace them with Carbon fiber folding props from Florida Drone Supply. You can either get the Tmotor winglet Carbon fiber ones or the Helingaden (Coptermax) Carbon fiber folding props. In my opinion the stock props are not a good idea because you have to take them on and off every time you want to fly. With the folding props you simply fold them up and put your Inspire 2 in the case and you’re ready to fly without having to deal with installing the props each time. Plus the stock props are always going to be a problem due to those supposedly quick release mounting plates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44