Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Range extender options

Reaction score
Hi all,

Lately I've been having some difficulties with range, I'm netting about 800-1000ft in elevation and anywhere from 800-1,500ft away. Most of my flying has been done in cities, parks, ect. In other words near population, which I understand affects my distance. I'd like to know any tips to extend range, or any add ons that have fairly easily installs. I want to extend range in city type atmospheres, I'm not so much concerned with open fields. Finally, my real concern with distance is mostly vertically, I'd like to at least double my elevation.

~Thanks

Have you used any of theses? Price difference is pretty vast, second one looks pretty homebrew.

I bought and installed the FPVLR basic kit without the amplifiers. I linked you to the amplified kit as this is the best set up. I've also pre-ordered the DBS kit just to try it out.

Hi all,

Lately I've been having some difficulties with range, I'm netting about 800-1000ft in elevation and anywhere from 800-1,500ft away. Most of my flying has been done in cities, parks, ect. In other words near population, which I understand affects my distance. I'd like to know any tips to extend range, or any add ons that have fairly easily installs. I want to extend range in city type atmospheres, I'm not so much concerned with open fields. Finally, my real concern with distance is mostly vertically, I'd like to at least double my elevation.

~Thanks
Off the chain!
You are

Reactions: sirnikolas
I bought and installed the FPVLR basic kit without the amplifiers. I linked you to the amplified kit as this is the best set up. I've also pre-ordered the DBS kit just to try it out.

Hi Sirnikolas, here in Holland, we are not allowed to fly as far away as the limits of the I1, but my goal would be to get a more secure steady signal, when I'm (temporally) flying out of sight behind a tree or an small object (also using my Cinemizers to keep track).
What is your opinion about the strengh of the signal, will it be better, and what should you advice to choose the basic kit of the advanced in my situation, maybe the basic would be enough, but does it help anyway
Thanks!, Remco

G'day Remco!
I only ever fly visual line of sight. I also carry binoculars just incase. I've never put my Inspire 1 in a position where I can't see it. Reason for this is, if something were to go wrong, I'd hopefully be able fly it out of what ever may arrise.

I bought this particular set up so that I have a strong video signal within a 1 kilometer radius. Yes I have tested it's range and I was truly impressed.

I recommend you buy the basic kit and test it. If you're not happy with the result, then buy the amplifiers for it.
This way you won't spend more than you have to.

G'day Sirnikolas - thank's for this clear answer, for me it is indeed the question about the strong signal within a 500 - 1000 m radius or more nearby. VLOS is the way to go, but sometimes you're VLOS is temporally not possible due to a tree or something.
One last question, the leg to connect the kit under the RC is it temporally or do you have to srew it? Picture?
Many thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop