Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RC (Transmitter) Battery

Reaction score
Website
rtrudeauphotography.zenfolio.com
OK all...
Yesterday while out for a few flights in the morning before the heat set in, all of a sudden my RC started beeping...
OMG I forgot to charge it but thought I had enough juice left in it. So this cut short my morning flights.
Then this occurred to me...
What or when will I have to replace the rc battery and where can I get one as well as how do I install a new one.
I have not seen anyone mention this subject at all.

You'd most likely have to send your radio to DJI for replacement.

But much like mobile phones and laptops you'll probably have replaced it before you need to.

Reactions: The Editor and Mazz
OK all...
Yesterday while out for a few flights in the morning before the heat set in, all of a sudden my RC started beeping...
OMG I forgot to charge it but thought I had enough juice left in it. So this cut short my morning flights.
Then this occurred to me...
What or when will I have to replace the rc battery and where can I get one as well as how do I install a new one.
I have not seen anyone mention this subject at all.
Don't forget you can plug in a spare battery via the cable that came with your Inspire.

How about storage charge, they don't auto discharge.where is the maintenance schedule for the controller batteries?

How about storage charge, they don't auto discharge.where is the maintenance schedule for the controller batteries?
Its a low current drain application and a two cell pack.
It will self balance to a degree and storage charge is not necessary.
The only thing I do is not run it down too low (I charge when I have one full led and the second one flashing). There have been a few issues of difficulty in getting the RC to enter charge state where users have run the device down to auto switch off, although why anyone would risk running their remote down that low and risk losing the control link is beyond me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi