Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

re-inserting the landing leg antenna covers

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Anyone know how to reinsert the antenna covers on the landing gear legs?

I've had my Inspire in for a repair and one of the covers is out at the very top with the little notch/catch stopping it going back in, but still seems firmly in at the bottom. I've tried bending the leg, but don't want to risk bending/buckling it or squashing the damper if there's a knack/easy/proper way of removing/inserting the cover....

I've had my Inspire in for a repair and one of the covers is out at the very top with the little notch/catch stopping it going back in, but still seems firmly in at the bottom. I've tried bending the leg, but don't want to risk bending/buckling it or squashing the damper if there's a knack/easy/proper way of removing/inserting the cover....

It has been a while since I had my I2 apart but there are 4 tiny Phillips head screws on the inside of the leg. I do not remember if they hold a small PC board or the antenna cover you mention. They are hard to see, and may or may not be holding the cover.

Last edited:

Sounds like a DJI rush job.

Remove the 4 screws, use a pin head to pop the cover off then reinsert the right way.

rush job... I wish - 8 weeks the I2 has been in at the dealer waiting for DJI to sort the camera out and to send the dealer a gimbal vibration board :( It took DJI 3 weeks to even realise they had the camera, and another 2 weeks afterwards to decide how they were going to fix it (replace it!).

@FDS, out of interest, can you get the angled leg and damper assembly separate from the arm/motor as a spare part?

rush job... I wish - 8 weeks the I2 has been in at the dealer waiting for DJI to sort the camera out and to send the dealer a gimbal vibration board :( It took DJI 3 weeks to even realise they had the camera, and another 2 weeks afterwards to decide how they were going to fix it (replace it!).

@FDS, out of interest, can you get the angled leg and damper assembly separate from the arm/motor as a spare part?
Yes you can:
DJI Inspire2 Spare Part No. 14

Reactions: NickU
Cheers guys, I'll have a look at it this weekend and see what it looks like with the cover off and if it needs changing out - so I might be in touch next week @FDS.

I'm a touch loath to put it back in to the dealer for something this trivial as I've just got it back from them after 8 weeks in dry-dock while they waited for DJI to send out the gimbal board and get the camera fixed up! Heaven knows why DJI Holland where so slow. Guess everyone in europe must have been crashing them and there was a run on the damper boards this summer :D

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at it this weekend and see what it looks like with the cover off and if it needs changing out - so I might be in touch next week @FDS.

I'm a touch loath to put it back in to the dealer for something this trivial as I've just got it back from them after 8 weeks in dry-dock while they waited for DJI to send out the gimbal board and get the camera fixed up! Heaven knows why DJI Holland where so slow. Guess everyone in europe must have been crashing them and there was a run on the damper boards this summer :D

I understand your frustration. I hate sloppy job by any service, drone, car or whatever. But in this case it might be literaly a 5 minute job. Just 4 tiny philips screws out, re-seating the cover, screws back in, done. I'd try it for sure before considering sending the entire drone back. Use Locktite and DO NOT overtighten the screws!! Be very gentle, remember that they only hold in place a small plastic cover, that's all. The overtighten screws can crack it.

Last edited:
@mmarian - yeah, I hate things not being 100% too. It's crazy how the stupid little things can spoil the bigger stuff!

I'm sure if I can change a damper/spring/strut out on a 4x4 without killing myself with the springs, then I can swap out a landing leg on a drone - now how do I put it in the 1000Kg hydraulic spring compressor :D

If I need to and can get the part, then I'll happily swap it out myself :D

Main thing this weekend is to do my own flight tests and get the bird recommissioned and back into service... 8 weeks is a loooong time with only a Phantom for fun :D

Reactions: slim.slamma
@mmarian - yeah, I hate things not being 100% too. It's crazy how the stupid little things can spoil the bigger stuff!

Yeah I know the feeling. Attention keeps drifting to the issue and hinders concentration on more important things and task ahead. Even more reason to get it fixed before taking the I2 out again. Honestly, this is nothing of a job. Pretty simple and straight forward. 5 minutes and you are done.

Sorted for now, all neat & tidy again. Thanks for the heads up on the 4 screws Slim & FDS - I was working from experience of replacing the same covers on the P4 series which aren't screwed :rolleyes:

Still assessing if the leg itself needs swapping out.

First test flight yesterday reminded me how nice the I2 is to fly :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet