Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Real Estate videos/photos go here!

Reaction score
Let's keep a thread going for real estate videos/photos. We can use this thread to share ideas for the world of real estate aerial photography/videography.

Let's constructively share ideas to make our products better.

Last edited:
Nicely shot but just my two cents for suggestions. NOTE: not criticisms.

I think the addition of a voice over would add a lot to the detail given to viewers. I find that fiverr.com ( no association) is a great place to get a professional voice over very cheaply and I have had some great success using it.
Secondly I always think that aerial filming should ideally be part of the story, not all of it. Edit mixed with interior shots, even if they are stills, would help tell the story more effectively.

Nicely shot but just my two cents for suggestions. NOTE: not criticisms.

I think the addition of a voice over would add a lot to the detail given to viewers. I find that fiverr.com ( no association) is a great place to get a professional voice over very cheaply and I have had some great success using it.
Secondly I always think that aerial filming should ideally be part of the story, not all of it. Edit mixed with interior shots, even if they are stills, would help tell the story more effectively.

Thanks for the tips! I don't mind any critisism :) but I will seriously consider a voice over and some interior shots for my next gig.

I have a question though, do you have any examples of some real estate voice overs you can share with us? Also, I think for the interior shots I'm just going to hand carry my inspire 1 until I can get my hands on the hand held gimbal :)

here are a couple of videos, first doesn't have voice over and second isn't purely real estate.
and
You are honestly such an inspiration to me! Those videos were beautiful! There were so many shots in that huge home you must if had over an hour of raw footage!

For the indoor shots, did you use a combination of flying the drone and carrying it? Or did you use a different camera for the indoor shots?

Where did you acquire the models?

Also, do you already have the 333 exemption? Do you any advice as to how I can do similar work as you do without raising any red flags with the Faa.

So many questions! If you're in SoCal we should have some lunch sometime so I can pick your brain. ( it'd be on me of course)

The interior shots were done using a combination of camera mounted on a Ronin and camera mounted on a dolly system. That said there is no reason why the dji camera cannot be used internally whilst still attached to the inspire. The camera quality of the Inspire is a limiting factor. we can get away with it for aerial filming as the wow factor kind of masks the quality issue.
I am actually based in Jamaica .... still a good place for lunch!

The interior shots were done using a combination of camera mounted on a Ronin and camera mounted on a dolly system. That said there is no reason why the dji camera cannot be used internally whilst still attached to the inspire. The camera quality of the Inspire is a limiting factor. we can get away with it for aerial filming as the wow factor kind of masks the quality issue.
I am actually based in Jamaica .... still a good place for lunch!
Some really nice shots in there but i really hate the distortion in the lens. The walls need to be straight up and down and too much movement. Its very arty but I doubt it will sell the home. Great job doing the work you wanted to do.

Thanks for the tips! I don't mind any critisism :) but I will seriously consider a voice over and some interior shots for my next gig.

I have a question though, do you have any examples of some real estate voice overs you can share with us? Also, I think for the interior shots I'm just going to hand carry my inspire 1 until I can get my hands on the hand held gimbal :)
I dont agree wi9th the voiceovers. I have been doing high end real estate for 8 years and the voiceovers are never requested. No one wants to be told they are looking at a bedroom or kitchen, It also makes it very hard to shoot as you have to cut the footage to match the voice or vice versa. All the details are usually on the website anyway.
As for interior shots with the Osmo, I doubt the camera will be any good for shooting as the home is dark and the cams are not suited to this type of work. I hope the X5R is better and I feel it will be. You need to show the outside of the home for as long as 15 secs. You shot far too much and people want to get inside the house. They need to see the location but its too much to see a full minute of the area repeatedly. Ask yourself if you were looking for a home, would you sit there after going through the net looking at homes for so long? Put yourself in the customers position. They want to see the home. I know you want to show off your drone but believe me, it just isn't needed so much.
The Oslo will be handy for the interiors I hope but dont move too much. A slider is more than enough. Don't make people seasick or giddy. Once again.. its about showing the home to sell it.. not your arty moves and the equipment you have. The skill of filming the interior is an art that has to be learnt. It can take years and Im sure it will. You will need to be licensed to do this work but dont thin k you will get away without it if you are showcasing the homes on the net.

Hi,

My first inspire real estate video, what do you think? Some shots are pretty long, but people Who doesn't know the area want to see more than 2-3 seconds ;-)

/villep

Reactions: Highrpm955
We just opened Oct 1st and are having a blast. Would like to know what you guys think is the best way to display the videos for real estate agents that shows the top quality but is also easy to access for.

Just finished this project a couple weeks ago. Putting the finishing touches on the full golf course tour on the same property.

Filmed dual operator on the DJI Inspire Pro with the X5 camera switching between the Olympus 12mm, 25mm, 45mm, and DJI 15mm lenses.

The client specifically requested the font style, color, and fade in effect. It wasn't our first choice when we began editing the property. Also, we did have many more dynamic shots and a beginning title screen to add to the overall flow of the video to really set the tone. The client requested that we remove all of those shots and any shots not pertaining to the property such as deer, birds, and the lake.

Feel free to comment with any pointers you may have!

Reactions: 2nd2non
Just finished this project a couple weeks ago. Putting the finishing touches on the full golf course tour on the same property.

Filmed dual operator on the DJI Inspire Pro with the X5 camera switching between the Olympus 12mm, 25mm, 45mm, and DJI 15mm lenses.

The client specifically requested the font style, color, and fade in effect. It wasn't our first choice when we began editing the property. Also, we did have many more dynamic shots and a beginning title screen to add to the overall flow of the video to really set the tone. The client requested that we remove all of those shots and any shots not pertaining to the property such as deer, birds, and the lake.

Feel free to comment with any pointers you may have!

Great Video!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop