Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recommend video settings

Reaction score
Website
ibareitall.com
So I have been flying a lot with the inspire and mainly with another camera man on the second controller. We found while looking back at some of the footage that we would see stark contract of the color, saturation etc between clips. Naturally we are just using auto exposure for now and havent really played much with the AE lock.

I was curious what settings you guys use esp between clips because depending on if you start the clip again looking at the sky things can get a bit blown out.

Thoughts?

When the camera is pointing at the sky the ground gets darker (auto exposure reading AE unlocked) when the camera is pointing at the ground the picture goes lighter.
Usually only 1/3 of the screen is sky (or less).
Do a video fly test , set the scene (sky /ground combination) that might be used more frequently in your footage , use manual setting, set exposure (or use auto and lock AE). and you should be OK. Do several tests and review in reply or on computer screen. I usually under-expose little bit; oooooh and don't forget use the HISTOGRAM.
Goog luck

Reactions: stevet
When the camera is pointing at the sky the ground gets darker (auto exposure reading AE unlocked) when the camera is pointing at the ground the picture goes lighter.
Usually only 1/3 of the screen is sky (or less).
Do a video fly test , set the scene (sky /ground combination) that might be used more frequently in your footage , use manual setting, set exposure (or use auto and lock AE). and you should be OK. Do several tests and review in reply or on computer screen. I usually under-expose little bit; oooooh and don't forget use the HISTOGRAM.
Goog luck

Thanks, yea I guess having it look at 1/3 or 1/2 of the camera pointing to both ground/sky and locking might be an option, Ill run a few tests ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74