Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Recommended Liability Insurance Carrier

Reaction score
I would like to know what reputable insurance companies are out there that provide liability insurance for commercial use of drones. Please respond if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

I would like to know what reputable insurance companies are out there that provide liability insurance for commercial use of drones. Please respond if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
Would help if you tell people where abouts in the big wide world you are located :)

Reactions: Outta Control
we have had great dealing with Highlands Aviation Insurance Agency, they are a small, well run agency that specializes in UAV insurance, they have been in the "real airplane" business for years and understand the business and provide personal service.
www.highlandinsagcy.com . Tammy is the lady's name that runs it, they have pioneered custom programs through Global Aerospace that are superior to most other underwriters. We insure a fleet of 13 UAV's with them and most of the companies we build custom solutions for also insure with them.

Hey guys and gals!

I am new to this forum but believe I can help you all out with this matter. I am an aviation specific insurance broker based in Illinois. We only deal with aviation related risks. I work with all of the highest rated aviation insurance companies (there are about 15 of them right now). 3 of them are currently offering insurance policies on UAVs/drones. You can choose from liability only policies or "hull" and liability coverage. If you choose hull coverage, there is generally a small deductible associated with hull claims (5%). I can insure UAVs that are flown for pleasure or ones that are flown commercially.

I am very excited about the popularity of UAVs and would love to work with any one of you who would like to insure their drone. Please respond to this post or PM me and I can get you quotes right away.

Thanks,

Joe

I'm curious, you state homeowners will not cover you and that makes sense but what about AMA Members. The AMA boast that they'll cover you as long as you aren't doing something stupid and abide by their guidelines. Is there a fine print that I'm missing.....and I'm sure there's alot of fine print.

One more question. So is does this insurance you offer also cover replacement/repair of the A/C in the event of a mishap?

I joined AMA at the $58 membership primarily for the insurance. Yes there are exclusions/limitations (like you can't fly where flying is prohibited), but for the price it's better than nothing. Presumably I am supporting advocacy as well.

However as a non-commercial hobbyist flyer, I am certainly interested in insurance a little more solid or predictable. I know there will be exclusions with any policy. This topic is timely.

I joined AMA at the $58 membership primarily for the insurance. Yes there are exclusions/limitations (like you can't fly where flying is prohibited), but for the price it's better than nothing. Presumably I am supporting advocacy as well.

However as a non-commercial hobbyist flyer, I am certainly interested in insurance a little more solid or predictable. I know there will be exclusions with any policy. This topic is timely.

Except the restrictions are far greater than that...That insurance only covers you if you are at sanctioned AMA field. Anywhere else isn't their problem

Except the restrictions are far greater than that...That insurance only covers you if you are at sanctioned AMA field. Anywhere else isn't their problem

I'm sure there are enough exclusions to fly an Inspire through. But...

According to the membership packet I received, it says "AMA coverage is not limited to flying at contests or at a club field. It applies to flying on private property, at public demonstrations and air shows".

For $58 I'm not expecting anything that makes me sleep better. Why I'm shopping for real insurance.

I'm sure there are enough exclusions to fly an Inspire through. But...

According to the membership packet I received, it says "AMA coverage is not limited to flying at contests or at a club field. It applies to flying on private property, at public demonstrations and air shows".

For $58 I'm not expecting anything that makes me sleep better. Why I'm shopping for real insurance.

I stand corrected.

Reactions: Outta Control
I would be very skeptical of any insurance policy that offers millions of dollars in liability coverage for $58 a year. Your best bet would be to go through an aviation insurance broker (me, Costello, highlands). Based on the pricing quoted by an earlier post from Costello Aviation, I know that they are using USSIC. USSIC is a very reputable aviation insurance company and they are underwritten by HCC. I would prefer that you would use me for your aviation insurance. However, I would like everyone to purchase insurance that would actually cover them. To get anything that is worth the paper that it is written on, you would need to talk to an aviation specific broker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters