Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Hi,

I was regularly syncing my flight data records but recently I had to uninstall the DJI GO app and unfortunately did not sync the most recent flights beforehand. When it reinstalled the app I now have a blank spot of lost flight data.

Is there any way of recovering that lost section?

I have been trawling the forums and have found some interesting threads but nothing new on this subject. For example, Does anyone know if it is possible to plug the Inspire 1 into a mac via the usb port on the back of the aircraft to access the flight data logs? Using the Enter Flight Data Mode function to mount the internal memory?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am applying for my CAA PFAW and need an up to date flight log with as much experience logged as possible!

Many thanks.

Just to add to this I followed these steps to Enter Flight Data Mode:

a. Connect your aircraft (USB portat the tail) to a PC using the included USB cable. Turn on the RemoteController and the aircraft, then open the DJI GO app.
b. Click “Mode” icon to view the“Advanced Settings”.
c. Click “MC Enter Read FlightData Mode”.
d. After a few seconds, the DJIFlight Log disk will be detected by the PC and you will be able to access thedata.

but nothing mounts on the desktop and I get the following errors:

MC Data Error
Data Recorder Error

Has anyone had any success doing this with a MAC? not a PC... an iMac.

If you have not sync-ed your app to the cloud then there is no means of recovering the data lost. The flight data stored in the aircraft is for DJI flight/crash analysis only. There is no public domain information on how to read or convert this data or to add it to your flight records. You did keep a paper record in your log book didn't you?

Sorry to cover old ground, but I'm a relative newby to the Inspire and could do with some clarification on a few points. I did not synch my flight records prior to Go app update and think I have lost what few flight records I had as detailed in this thread. I had heard somewhere that they are stored on your tablet, if that's the case where would they be?
Also at my last firmware update I wiped my SD card so that just the new firmware was on there, as recommended by DJI (I copied all the images off it first) Could I have deleted the records at this point?
I have also heard somewhere that I can still extract the records off the aircraft via the USB. Where are they stored on the aircraft. I presume its on the SD card, but Ive just wiped that?
Assuming that they are all lost and Im starting again, what is the procedure for keeping my records.?
Im confused.
Thank you

As per my above post. I have also lost my thumbnails for the flights, not sure if they also constitute flight records, is that because I wiped my SD card, prior to my last firmware update? If not are they stored on my tablet and if so where?
Thanks again.

If you have not sync-ed your app to the cloud then there is no means of recovering the data lost. The flight data stored in the aircraft is for DJI flight/crash analysis only. There is no public domain information on how to read or convert this data or to add it to your flight records. You did keep a paper record in your log book didn't you?
Thats a shame.

I have paper records covering what is already synced... the issue is 2 months of data which was not synced and then not logged in the log book prior to the DJI GO reinstallation.

I understand that if they are not synced then as far as the app exists they do not exist. But my question is, are they logged in some DJI only data somewhere or have they been erased completely?

@Positive Image The flight records and thumbnail images stored on your iOS device are sync-ed to the DJI cloud by clicking on the top righthand cloud symbol. Once sync-ed they can be downloaded to the same or other devices you own. However, once the app is deleted, the data on the device is lost forever. The only data stored on the MicroSD card in the camera (X3 or X5) are the images and movies you have captured and a few hidden files concerning the files changed during your last update.

I always try to sync my flight records as soon as I return home from my flights as I make up my paper pilot's log book and battery records as required in my Ops Manual. I use a standard log book available from www.flightstore.co.uk.

Thats a shame.

I have paper records covering what is already synced... the issue is 2 months of data which was not synced and then not logged in the log book prior to the DJI GO reinstallation.

I understand that if they are not synced then as far as the app exists they do not exist. But my question is, are they logged in some DJI only data somewhere or have they been erased completely?
Sorry to hear that. Leaving it 2 months to sync is a little too long. I do mine every flight day at the same time I update my paper log book.

The DJI data files stored in the aircraft only keep the records for the last 10-12 flights before they are overwritten. The only thing you will get from these is the date/time stamp of the file.

But my question is, are they logged in some DJI only data somewhere or have they been erased completely?
It is - but only once you've synced.
On Android devices you can still get the records after deleting the app as they are stored independently on the shared "SD card" phone storage, but on iOS that doesn't exist and any data that was stored by an app is irremediably gone once you delete it.

I had heard somewhere that they are stored on your tablet, if that's the case where would they be?
See above, depends on the tablet.

Also at my last firmware update I wiped my SD card so that just the new firmware was on there, as recommended by DJI (I copied all the images off it first) Could I have deleted the records at this point?
No, SD card has nothing to do with this.

I have also heard somewhere that I can still extract the records off the aircraft via the USB. Where are they stored on the aircraft.
An internal storage medium that is connected directly on the FC and not physically user-accessible. But as said earlier you can't get much out of them.

Sorry to hear that. Leaving it 2 months to sync is a little too long. I do mine every flight day at the same time I update my paper log book.

The DJI data files stored in the aircraft only keep the records for the last 10-12 flights before they are overwritten. The only thing you will get from these is the date/time stamp of the file.

A lesson learned!

When you say "The only thing you will get from these is the date/time stamp of the file" Is this something I can see or something DJI can only see? Maybe I can use this as a guide to filling in the gaps in my log book?

A lesson learned!

When you say "The only thing you will get from these is the date/time stamp of the file" Is this something I can see or something DJI can only see? Maybe I can use this as a guide to filling in the gaps in my log book?
The files you can download by connecting you PC/Mac to the aircraft tail socket (via USB) and selected FLIGHT DATA MODE in the App are normal computer files which Explorer/Finder can display the creation and modification dates. Unfortunately, the file format and data structure are not available to the public.

The files you can download by connecting you PC/Mac to the aircraft tail socket (via USB) and selected FLIGHT DATA MODE in the App are normal computer files which Explorer/Finder can display the creation and modification dates. Unfortunately, the file format and data structure are not available to the public.

ok great. that may give me some guidance for when the flights took place!

Any idea about these error messages that appear in the Go app when connected in Flight Data Mode?

MC Data Error
Data Recorder Error

Make sure you have all devices ticked in Finder/Preferences. Did the GO app confirm that FLIGHT DATA MODE was entered?

I checked finder/prefs and have now ticked hard disks as that was the only one not ticked. I did get the GO app confirmation before, just nothing appeared on the mac. Will try again.

Thanks for your help guys, I have a better understanding of it all now. What a shame DJI don't tell you these sort of things when you buy the Inspire and you have to loose your flight logs before you find out!

Make sure you have all devices ticked in Finder/Preferences. Did the GO app confirm that FLIGHT DATA MODE was entered?
So its plugged in via usb, Go app has confirmed connection and aircraft is beeping.... but no mounted volume has appeared on mac?

I have quite a few errors appearing though: (still nothing to worry about with regarding to getting the device to mount?)

Attachments

• IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 17

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters