Regarding Props for Inspire 1

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Inspire 1 and to my surprise it did not have the quick release assembly that is present in my P4. It has of course a set of white and blacked tagged props that screw in CW and CCW. Mind you when it screws down it feels fairly secure. I just never saw anything like this. Is this normal, or perhaps just something that is found on an older Inspire 1

The thread on props were the original props, some will say they were the best. I tend to agree with that statement.

Reactions: jefti
For added peace of mind you can obtain clips that go over the prop hub and engaged in the vent slots of the motor. DJI introduced these after a few people had failed to spin the props on tight to the motor )or had dirt between the flat motor surface and the prop base

DJI Inspire 1 propeller lock part number 18 - in the UK £3 plus postage on eBay.

I still fly my Inspire 1 in it's original status,that includes the "old "props and never had any issue or whatsoever.And I still love this machine

Reactions: Donnie Frank
In fact all inspire ones have the ability to use threaded props. All you do is remove the QR adapters and you are set to go again.