Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Regulation Question - Elementary School

I have flown all the schools here in Longview, Texas with no problems. I only had to use LAANC when I flew around a school right next to the main airport but even that was no problem and I had spoken to a the FAA representative here. I never went above 200', never needed to to get the best video.

I have flown all the schools here in Longview, Texas with no problems. I only had to use LAANC when I flew around a school right next to the main airport but even that was no problem and I had spoken to a the FAA representative here. I never went above 200', never needed to to get the best video.
I don't get the whole "schools" thing and airspace. Airspace issues are strictly FAA.

You'll never see schools plotted on Sectionals as NFZ or TFRs. Having said that, flying over/near schools w/o coordinating with local authorities guarantees you a visit by the local gendarmes, every LE agency is hyper sensitive over schools and shootings. However, that is a local issue, not an FAA one.

Apps are useless and full of "can't fly here and can't fly there" circles. Professional Remote pilots use Sectionals.

I don't get the whole "schools" thing and airspace. Airspace issues are strictly FAA.

You'll never see schools plotted on Sectionals as NFZ or TFRs. Having said that, flying over/near schools w/o coordinating with local authorities guarantees you a visit by the local gendarmes, every LE agency is hyper sensitive over schools and shootings. However, that is a local issue, not an FAA one.

Apps are useless and full of "can't fly here and can't fly there" circles. Professional Remote pilots use Sectionals.

I mostly agree.... Sectionals first. However, it has become useful to use SkyVector due to the zoom features on the sectionals..... However, It's become more useful to use Airmap(LAANC) because it has a sat view, so I can easily find my locations...... However, they have those annoying circles(schools, small airports, prisons, etc.) that I simply ignore because I'm a Part 107.....

Hope this helps

I mostly agree.... Sectionals first. However, it has become useful to use SkyVector due to the zoom features on the sectionals..... However, It's become more useful to use Airmap(LAANC) because it has a sat view, so I can easily find my locations...... However, they have those annoying circles(schools, small airports, prisons, etc.) that I simply ignore because I'm a Part 107.....

Hope this helps
Skyvector are sectionals. I use GoogleEarth to find places, then lay the Sectionals over with Chartbundle to find any location on a sectional. I've been flying since the 333 days and yet to use an app.

Just to cover my butt, I have a Shoot Location Notification Sheet that have someone from the school's or property in close proximity of my shoot sign. May be a bit more than needed, but always CYA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg