Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reliable?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to to the forum, I own an aerial photography company I started 11 years ago back when multi rotors were not around. I have used most of DJIs products, have been very happy with most of them except for two s800 hexas that made my life impossible for a year and a half.
I just purchased an Inspire1, I think it can be quite useful for some jobs, but I'm only starting to notice the huge amount of bugs, fly always and other issues. Are they really so unreliable. Did I just go down the s800 road again ???
Juan

I love mine knock on wood I of many haven't had any problems with mine yet! First off I'm not trying to scare you or have anything bad to say about dji products at all! But it's just like searching for a car! You buy what you like and deal with the problems that arise or do some research on what your looking at buying before hand then make your decision based on the answers you find out on the research! All I can say is welcome to the forum brother I've learned a lot since I've been a member from everyone here! You will find a lot of resourceful information here amongst others And some bad! So use the search engines in this form and you'll find what you're looking for! Again welcome to the forum!

Mine inspire 1 serve me well ... i fly it almost everdays... what i can say.. this is totally awsome !!! Make sure u doing sll the prefight check.. and have fun around to familer your self with ur new AC... because mostly all ac handling difference just like cars... no bug no error for me with the lastest version... :)

Reactions: Juan Crane
I was scared too by all the negative reviews. However, i did my own research and even got a chance to fly the Phantom Pro 3 before its release. I purchased the I1 and never looked back. Be sure you update all the firmware, read the manual 2 or 3 times, Calibrate the IMU (if first flight) Calibrate the compass and then fly safely....

Yes... there is more than thousand and thousand of trouble free flying and doing their job everydays... alot negative commets because.. that is human nature will start to post and search for help.. if faliue happen... sometimes it happen due pilot error... form nows days i notice that there is some of the pilot doesn't have enough experinces on flying rc before such as 6channel heli, acro plane or cheapy multirotors... so stright forward to buy and fly the big bad drones which is dangerous and risky example inspire / phantom.. :p

I just purchased an Inspire1, I think it can be quite useful for some jobs, but I'm only starting to notice the huge amount of bugs, fly always and other issues. Are they really so unreliable. Did I just go down the s800 road again ???
Juan

You noticed the bugs yourself while flying? If that is true, then there is something seriously wrong with your equipment or it is not set up correctly.

If you are referring to trouble reports posted by others here, take them with a grain of salt. I am not saying they didn't happen, but anything and everything bad or unexpected will be mentioned here. The thousands of us that enjoy flawless performance, do not say anything.

Bear in mind that there is the (not unreasonable) tendency to post problems on the forums, but not post a message of the form "Hey, I had a completely uneventful flight, nothing went wrong, and the copter didn't fly away" kind of posting. So reading just the postings cannot help but give a slightly biased view of the reliability of the avionics, the aircraft, and (I suppose) the pilots! :)

Thanks, the inspire has not arrived yet, I'll post as soon as get it. You are right, most of the people without issues are probably out flying instead of posting.
Here's my reel just in case you are interested, no inspire 1 footage though.

Reactions: Prax
Thanks, the inspire has not arrived yet, I'll post as soon as get it. You are right, most of the people without issues are probably out flying instead of posting.
Here's my reel just in case you are interested, no inspire 1 footage though.

Great footage!!! Good work there. THAT's the way to do it.

What did you use for your time-lapse, and what were the settings?
Also, what quad(s) and cameras did you use?

Many thanks!

Thanks! Mostly I used a Tarot hexa with a sony nex 7. Lapses were done with Canon t3i. For editing I used Adobe after effects for lapses, and Sony Vegas for video.
Can't remember the settings though.

If your new inspire seems ok right outta the box,,, then I would not worry too much...
Just double check sensors/RTH height before every flight and use batteries charged to 100% for every hop...

As you can see by my signature... things did not go well to start with in my case... :(
But Inspire #2 is now up to 25+ hops with no new issues other then the widespread gimbal drift issue ongoing...
And that is just annoying... it not a safety of flight issue... likely fixable with a software update someday... :rolleyes:

I agree with the others... that forums tend to bring up the negative issues and not the positives... ;)

Thanks! Mostly I used a Tarot hexa with a sony nex 7. Lapses were done with Canon t3i. For editing I used Adobe after effects for lapses, and Sony Vegas for video.
Can't remember the settings though.
Nice, thanks. For your T3i, do you use a separate controller?

Can't wait to see what you will do with higher tech stuff, like the Inspire. Which is a whole other issue. So many people out there need to get the latest and greatest gear, (drones, cameras, etc.) but they haven't yet taken even used 10% of the capability of what they have. You set the opposite example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44