Rethinking your Real Estate Market...

In my case with the homes, I include a clients watermark so other agents cant download them and use them online.

Reactions: SkipTV
I agree. It was just a good idea but won't work. Ays know, it take s a lot of wok and skill to shoot a house to sell and anyone with no experience is wasting their time.

Reactions: SkipTV
What can I say? What comes to mind is, Thank You for bringing this into to light further. Good Job.

Reactions: Highrpm955
why would other agents use a listing agents photos ? My board won't even allow watermarked photos to be used in their MLS to begin with.
if the house doesn't sell and the vendor gives the list g to another agent then the new agent will definitely try to use the photos already taken. We dont have MLS in Australia.

Wow....Great to see so many 333 qualified operators here. And if you arent, Your listing agent is going to throw you under the bus when the FAA comes calling.

That's how I work. Real Estate agents don't get paid before closing. Neither should the photographer. They're willing to take a risk. So am I. I get a small upstart fee to cover insurance. But if they lose the listing, I lose. It helps to have been in real estate in my previous life. To know the ins and outs I guess.

I think it's a crazy idea and won't work most of the time. Agents get paid high commissions to market and sell properties. Photgrapher sand videographers get paid depending on how good they are and their time is limited. I stick with paying clients and have turned down opportunities to only get paid if it sells.... it only makes sense to do if the property is priced well. If it's overpriced the odds are greatly against you and you could end up working for free.....

If your starting out, I say go for it. But no seasoned company should do that without a analysis of property value aiding in the decision making process.

Again, real estate agents share their commission with the broker house they're connected to. They get 3% of the usual 6% for the entire deal, once the property is sold. They find the listing, they negotiate it, they put it online, they photograph it, plus pay a part of other marketing expenses etc.

3% of $300.000 is $9000 - if the property sells at the negotiated price. To make a living they'll have to joggle 5-10 properties constantly with the hope of selling one ever so often. So do you think they'll pay a fee upfront of $1200-$2000 x 10 before they even know if they can close the property? They won't.

If you only want to film high value properties once in a blue moon, that you can charge money for upfront so be it. I like volume, even if some are winners, and some are not.

Guess you're lost then. That's how I made $30000 last year, just starting out. I'm happy for it.
To each their own...I've lived enough questionabe deferred payment based on performance. No one is obligated to pay especially if the listing is pulled, shared, or shifts representation.