Retired Marine Grunt turned Inspire 1 Pilot

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. My name is Dave, and I live in Rancho Bernardo, CA in northern San Diego County. Recently retired after 20 years in the Marine Corps Infantry, I needed a hobby to keep my mind of the fact that things are far too slow for me on this side of the gate, and this happens to be it. I started off with a Phantom 3 Professional and went for a good while with that but wanted to upgrade and finally did to an Inspire1 just Friday, the 27th when @GI-Drones.com took great care of me with a steal of a deal matched by a quality customer service that I simply couldn't pass up!

I've had it up around RB a couple times and once around Dixon Lake out in East Escondido, and I must say, this camera is wicked! Looking forward to getting out more and really testing this monster out, now that I have completed my degree and no longer have school in he evenings and weekends after 9-10 hour days at Northrop Grumman.

Dave
GySgt USMC (Ret.)

Reactions: damoncooper

Congrats brother. Enjoy your new bird and fly safe.

P.S.
Thanks for your service to our country. I served 7 years in the Army as an interrogator. Not quite as hardcore as your job but I did spend a year up on the DMZ in South Korea. I got to debrief a North Korean that hated my guts.

Reactions: damoncooper

Thank you for YOUR service, Brother!

Reactions: JoeyJoe

Welcome! Hopefully this is the beginning of an amazing journey into the world of UAV's for ya, with thousands of joyous flights ahead.

The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft. Go slow, learn and be cautious and you'll get FANTASTIC return from your investment.