Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Return to China Mode.....

Reaction score
Not too bad of a disaster thanks to some expert level flying. By expert level I am referring to my child-like screams coupled with the instantaneous evacuation of my bowels.

Other than my pride there is a nice crack. Flying characteristics are the same and no other issues. I'm thinking a nice epoxy treatment and some clamps might be fine. I'll also make sure to check for any spreading or new cracking.

Any input or advice?

image.jpg

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
You forgot to mention that you thought "oh dear, I seem to have lost control of my Inspire!" (and words to similar effect)

That was actually pretty close to the actual event.... I was told the words... "huh...." and "interesting....." we're uttered.

You really do have a sense of good humor. I love that movie!
Man that sucks with your inspire. I would probably do the same. Sending back to DJI takes too long. Use 2component epoxy with a glass matt around it. It will be stiffer and tougher than before.
I would check everything carefully, also any sensor values. Go through some rigorous testing, fly close and low at first, check the hovering etc. Check for vibrations, If you notice anything wrong I would contact a dealer or DJI for advise. In the mean time I would try to find the part and replace the repared one as soon as I got it.

Be safe and fly smart.

If it were my Inspire, I would send her in for a proper repair. Better to be without her for a few weeks than to lose her entirely to a catastrophic failure. Could be more there than meets the eye.

I'm a graduate of the "Better Safe Than Sorry" school.

Reactions: sirnikolas
If it were my Inspire, I would send her in for a proper repair. Better to be without her for a few weeks than to lose her entirely to a catastrophic failure. Could be more there than meets the eye.

I'm a graduate of the "Better Safe Than Sorry" school.
Couldn't have said that better myself.

I would either send it back or try and get a replacement part. But in the event you do try a home repair, I would suggest the use of JB Weld instead of epoxy. Its stronger, is dark gray in color, and can be sanded after it hardens. I have used JB Weld to repair cracks in steering wheels of classic cars. After years of use, there is no sign of further cracking. Also, the suggestion of wrapping the repair is a good one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan