Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ronin MX External Power

Reaction score
Hi all
how can I power the Ronin MX with an external power supply
the auxilary power adapter is no longer available
is there any other way to do it?

Hi all
how can I power the Ronin MX with an external power supply
the auxilary power adapter is no longer available
is there any other way to do it?
You do realize this is an Inspire forum yes?

Maybe try an associated forum appertaining to the particular product:

Yes I know, but I hope here are also some Ronin users or someone who knows a hack

@Xaver88 this may or may not be of any useful info.
Over in the Matrice side, there's been a few of us playing with Ronin MX, after it's lifespan faded.
It has made it a challenge to find various accessories, some nice accessories too.

The Alternate Power Source Adapter, that plugs into the battery slot... you are correct, a few searches and it's no where to be found now. Best source, watch the EBay Ronin MX listings, and examine the photos in each listing. I've found a few optional parts in kits... and a few emails with Seller at right price will often get them to pull it from kit for a seperate sale.

I'm not sure of your intended direction... but a Gremsy Gimbal T3 or S1v3 will both work nicely with DJI RC and App controls. Gremsy T3

I'm also pretty certain, you can use the P-Tap port to supply power to payload. The P-Tap is a the same as a D-Tap port... no difference. You can obtain multiple types of cables with a D-Tap port with needed power receptical on the other end.

The method I was looking for was the secondary battery adapter with power expansion, to power the Sony A7Riii.
This was in one of the Ronin MX Threads in Matrice side.

The Secondary Power distributor shows up now & then on eBay... it showed up new on B&H last year.
Quick search... pretty hard to find currently... I did find it at this site.

The other useful option was the PT51 Hi-Cap Battery 4350mah, those too are getting harder to find.
Again, shows up on eBay at times too.

Not exactly what you're looking for... but a few alternate ideas.

Thanks for your reply
we have one of the 4350 batteries, which works for about 3 hours
the Ronin is mounted on a traverse over a track. During the event, it's not possible to go over there, so we need a working power supply for more the seven hours

Thanks for your reply
the Ronin is mounted on a traverse over a track. During the event, it's not possible to go over there, so we need a working power supply for more the seven hours
With that info, I'd probably suggest a different newer Ronin model... money better spent than adding more old hardware on a End of Life tool. If you were limited to a M600Pro interface, then chasing older parts is worth it.

Good Luck!

As @dougcjohn mentioned, using one of the connections in his link (
I'm also pretty certain, you can use the P-Tap port to supply power to payload. The P-Tap is a the same as a D-Tap port... no difference. You can obtain multiple types of cables with a D-Tap port with needed power receptical on the other end.
d-tap buy or learn at Adorama) and connecting that to a battery supply such as a strobe power pack should accomplish what you are trying to do.

Can anybody confirm, that it is possible to get an external power into the Ronin MX with that part?
I have a D-Tap cable, wich can power the camera. But on the standard ports of the MX you can't power the MX with that ports

Can anybody confirm, that it is possible to get an external power into the Ronin MX with that part?
I have a D-Tap cable, wich can power the camera. But on the standard ports of the MX you can't power the MX with that ports
Role of Secondary Power Distributor is to power Payload (Red) demanding higher draw than Ronin D-Port 3A and to offload Payload power from Primary Battery, allowing MX a dedicated power source.

Neither D-Ports on Ronin or Power Distributor are indicated to provide power source to RoninMX.

Without the “Alternate Power Source“ component available, I’d sacrifice a standard MX battery. Use Physical blade connection socket, Electronics & Power Switch... adapt a connector for alternate source.

You can use the battery hack and connect another, let's say 10000mAh 4S battery in parallel to the original one like in the video so to get longer power supply for the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan