Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rookie Question

Flying and panning may be difficult when free flying, but not when using Course Lock or Home Lock. I think it would very useful to travel laterally, along a beach for example, and pan toward a lighthouse or other fixed object on the beach. You simply set your orientation along the beach, toggle forward, and pan. As many have noted, what's the big deal. You can yaw the craft, but then what's the point of a 360 degree unobstructed view.

When ground station is enabled, it would useful to set a course, and then pan while on the course.

Well, Blade Strike over at Rcgroups just posted to say that you can now pan and tilt the camera by dragging your finger on the iPad screen. So, there you go. DJI were listening and gave you the single operator pan you were asking for.

yep sometimes it pays to complain....i am a happy camper now as two controllers was a waste of money for me as i fly alone or with buddies that have their own rigs to fly....

Even with a Phantom it is possible to set a course and devote your attention to filming solo rather than try to do two things at once. The ground station app really lightens pilot workload. Thumbs up for that

Even with a Phantom it is possible to set a course and devote your attention to filming solo rather than try to do two things at once. The ground station app really lightens pilot workload. Thumbs up for that
You only have tilt control with a Phantom when in a GS mission, you cannot yaw the craft or program the flight path to yaw and fly straight. So not really much lightening there.

"Some more features that are now active. Seems to me the app is now in the polishing phase.

Gimbal Wheel speed, stick expo curve and new mapping function for c1 and c2. This new function allows you to pan and tilt using the left gimbal wheel. Click once and wheel controls tilt, click again and wheel controls pan."

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30251070&postcount=4728

That's pretty awesome. Elsewhere in the thread that was already linked was that holding and dragging your finger around your smart device screen will speed-sensitively control the pan and tilt, as well.

Awesome that they have implemented expo. I was concerned about my ability to fly smoothly without it having got so used to it over the years with other transmitters.

You only have tilt control with a Phantom when in a GS mission, you cannot yaw the craft or program the flight path to yaw and fly straight. So not really much lightening there.
A tad bit lighter. True, yaw would help but the simple GS functions still are better than nothing and I'm sure there's a programmer hard at work in the bowls of DJI already cracking out a better GS. GOd knows they're taking their time getting the Inspire ready.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop