Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Rouge fly away distance

Reaction score
How far would an inspire go if it went rouge from the max height of 400ft with a wind speed of 22mph? Assuming it started climbing towards 4500ft at an angle [ of 45 degs] and had a full battery at T.O.
Apparently i need to know this for my FRCs,incase i have a brain hemmorage, heart attack or am abducted by aliens etc.

It all depends how "rogue" (not rouge) it happened to go, possibly impossible to know... but within "normal operation" it will fly up to about 40mph at full stick, plus 22 from that wind you quote, for probably about 12 minutes... will let you do the math.

Last edited:
I need to finish a 12 page paper today, if you still want my estimation I will post when done or tomorrow remind me if I forget.

16ft /sec climb rate halved for 45d climb angle bla bla,surely DJI have done the math?!

Most likely not, because they have no idea of whatever strange data your particular insurance/authority/whatever an "FRC" is wants you to quote.

BTW you said "how far" so I assumed what you wanted is horizontal distance.

Nobody actually knows what impact a 45° angle would have on horizontal and vertical speed as angle/climb are software limited, not power limited, so you'd have to actually try and measure.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
How far would an inspire go if it went rouge from the max height of 400ft with a wind speed of 22mph? Assuming it started climbing towards 4500ft at an angle [ of 45 degs] and had a full battery at T.O.
Apparently i need to know this for my FRCs,incase i have a brain hemmorage, heart attack or am abducted by aliens etc.
Don't tell me.....I can guess your NQE!

What a complete bloody waste of time.
So if you calculate that the Inspire could travel 8 miles do you have to put an 8 mile exclusion zone around your flight area when you do your site risk assessment?
This outfit are still going against CAA instructions that sub 7kg aircraft can be substituted and added to without the need for additional flight assessment's just an addendum in your ops manual.
Of course they are saying it is a safety thing and would have nothing to do with making money!
This outfit needs kicking into touch and boycotting from the UAV population. They have had the monopoly for too long and have become too big for their boots.
Thank god there are other choices now.......

Apologies, rant over :)..... I feel better now.

Last edited:
If you just need an estimate, the battery is about 20 minutes and it can do about 60mph in the 20mph wind. 60mph for 20 minutes is 20 miles. That is a rough estimate and is probably an impossible worst case scenario. The horizontal vs vertical distance plays little part here as when you full stick forward and full stick up you loose very little horizontal speed. I would take off a minute or two because of the added power to climb and full throttle indefinitely, but again, being an estimate for safety you leave out those subtractions out.

Thanks muchly . Wheres the discussion on relative video quality gone?. TV v internet,i cant seem to find it.My training/assessment place is RPQS in Cwmbran,S Wales. It seems reasonable to want a vague idea of where the thing might finish up in case it goes down the chimney of a nuclear power station etc, although i agree there are a baffling number of variables

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin